E-petition re fireworks

Mustard

If all the random banging fireworks going off in this area, and other areas, especially between October and January are upsetting you, your family and animals, then please read this petition and sign it.

The law in this country is extremely lax, and only forbids letting fireworks off in public spaces at the moment.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/71570

added another petition I found today, the 12th November.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/ban-the-bang-in-fireworks-received-and-sold-in-the-uk

There are so many petitions nowadays. Although I do think the "fireworks season" does go on for too long, there are much more worthwhile things to make a petition about. The sheer ubiquity of them is resulting in none of them having any impact.

I hate fireworks, my dogs thankfully aren't afraid, but last night their were some real whistling ones outside and they were a bit spooked. I have signed many petitions over the years and nothing has ever been done, I don't want them banned but I would like the sale of fireworks to the public banned, they do go on far too long, all you lot taking the mick obviously haven't had a dog terrified of them, it's not nice, some children are afaid too, I hope they do get banned for public sale, except for public displays on certain dates and not for every Tom, Dick and Harry's party or celebration. I'm not bah humbug either before anyone says.

edcam Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There are so many petitions nowadays. Although I

> do think the "fireworks season" does go on for too

> long, there are much more worthwhile things to

> make a petition about. The sheer ubiquity of them

> is resulting in none of them having any impact.

Ban them - petitions I mean.

Whilst I love a big display, my favourite childhood memories of fireworks were at parties in people's gardens. The thought of that not being allowed anymore is really sad.

And a mate surprised us with some fireworks at our wedding reception, that was pretty special too.

Otta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Just goes to show there are a lot of joyless

> people out there.

Perhaps instead of the noise, you should instead think of the pollution they cause to our lungs.

This is nothing to do with being joyless.

There's a whole page on that site dedicated to explaining (with diagrams) how to walk on a beach without leaving footprints because they 'damage the resource of a "virgin" beach'

Whoever writes this cobblers seriously needs to get over themselves.