The Dulwich Outdoor Gallery

Reg84

Hi There,

I'm currently studying Art and Design and getting ready for my major show at the end of the summer. I've heard quite a lot about the Dulwich Outdoor Gallery recently and have just come back from the Westminster Reference Gallery and read Ingrid Beazley's book on the project. As my aspirations for my project mirror some of those created during the event I was wondering if anyone would care to share any tips on how I can go about finding wall space in an around the London Borough's. I'm attempting to engage with local communities through my art work and street art work and public spaces seems like an interesting avenue to explore. Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Daniel

The author of the book posts on here as IngridB so I'd suggest you drop her a private message and see if she can help you.

Have to say I love the street art around here, especially the ones by Stik. It's not at East London levels in terms of the quantity of street art, but the quality is high.

Good luck with your project.

I have wall space but it's on a wall on my house! Happy to "donate" the space!

I wonder if the council could help you identify spaces? There's lots of "wall space" around deptford (creek road, where all the artists rent space ) near the Laban dance building.

I have the book you mention and have really enjoyed reading it.

Good luck with your project.

Thanks Hazel,

That would be fantastic, i'd really appreciate that. I can send you a copy of my proposal outlining the aims of my project and if it is something that is still of interest perhaps we can talk further. If anyone else is also interested please feel free to let me know.

I'll be sure to check out the spaces you mention and thanks for your help. I agree, the book is amazing, really well put together and really interesting and inspiring!

Daniel