New Year Fat Attack 14.7 to 12.7 in two months ...

Mick Mac

I'm absolutely shocked to find myself to be 14 and a half stone tonight.

I usually think of 13-13.7 as my normal weight. I'm not sure what's happened recently but I intend to deal with this issue.

Severe stomach contraction is needed.

12 stone 7. "I have a dream"

I also need to shift a lot of weight - a stone in a month is pretty challenging though - most diets suggest 0.5 - 2lbs per week is more realistic.

It would be lovely to be a healthy weight for my height in time for next Christmas - that's achievable theoretically (I need to shift about 3-4 stone) but having been overweight for over 15 years and having never managed to shift more than a stone at once during that time, and having always put it back on within 6 months, it seems something of fantasy.

But if you start a diet thread I'll join in.

Short sharp shock needed. Cut out carbs for a week, you'll feel drained but you'll lose a lot of weight initially then mix it up in the second week with a return to carbs before 3pm (NEVER after) and do some light to moderate exercise (jogging/brisk walk) regularly in the morning and evening. You'll lose a stone in a month no issue.

Louisa.

Me too RPC. Especially at this time of year when I can just about drag myself out of bed to go to work, long day, arrive home at 7 in the dark etc. last things I want to do are go for a brisk walk in dark, wet and cold. And warm comfort food always seems order of the day.

Brain knows what to do but willpower is frankly rubbish.

I know what you mean about the motivation issue. I hate having to feel like I am restricting myself, even though it's obvious my excess weight is restricting me in all sorts of ways. Am a dreadful emotional eater too and get stressed far too easily so that leads to plenty of emotional eating.

Maybe practicing better stress management might be the key for me... though exercising more would definitely help, not least because it boosts my mood. Am rather prone to letting work get in the way - I really have to get to bed early and do before work so I have no excuse for not doing.

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If you're starting a diet thread I'll join;

Lets call it a diet thread then. I'm making tbis "public" to put some more peer pressure on myself. And I'm off beers for January. Should be utterly depressing.

maxxi Wrote:

> How much lost on 5/2 in that time Quids? (either

> as amount or rough %age of total body weight)

12%

Put a couple of lbs back on over my 2 week Christmas break but now back on it

Mick Mac Wrote:

> Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > If you're starting a diet thread I'll join;

>

> Lets call it a diet thread then. I'm making tbis

> "public" to put some more peer pressure on myself.

> And I'm off beers for January. Should be utterly

> depressing.

Is that your normal "off the pop" month Mick? ie till about the 15th?

Running's a good way of losing a bit of weight - if your knees can take it. Book yourself in on a 10K run in the spring or early summer and set a target time to aim for. That (at least for me) is a decent motivator. Join a gym if you don't fancy running in the cold/dark.

Work breeks on for the first time in 2 weeks this morning. Tight to say the least. Hopped on the scales and my unreliable set have me at 13.12.8. If I move them to another location I can knock half a stone off that!

Im going for the stone as quickly as possible to get back to my fighting weight again of around 13.0.0. (will use scales in same location as this mornings weigh-in)

Cut out the fizzy drinks and crisps, and start my run round Peckham Rye park from tonight, do that till end of January then introduce some short sprints into the mix. Twice per week and a game of squash in between, end of Feb hope to be there or there about.

Trying to motivate myself by thinking of nice food that's also going to help me lose weight.

In the spirit of putting off getting into the shower for another ten minutes, here's what I'm going to make for lunch this week:

Morroccan carrot and lentil soup

1 medium onion, diced

200g red lentils

3-4 carrots, diced

Stick of celery, diced

1 litre veg stock (Kallo is lovely)

1 tsp each chilli powder (or a few drops of tabasco), ground ginger and dried coriander

1 bay leaf

Ground black pepper

Put it all in a saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer until the lentils are soft, c.20-25 mins. Remove bay leaf and blend.

I'll have it plain the first day and for the rest of the week I'll add a spoonful of something or other to keep it interesting - peas, raw spinach, a bit of chicken or bacon, seeds, chopped apricots or prunes, pasta etc.

Just going to listen to songs from Frozen for a few minutes on youtube and THEN I'll get in the shower.

Look at the Times for its fat diet. It was featured on Saturday, I think. Basically, only eat fatty foods and meats but don't eat starches and have no booze or juices.

If it is a bit restrictive, eat about 130g of carbs a day.

It is best not to do a diet, but to look at your food intake and exercise level and adjust accordingly. Booze is very calorific, so if you can nix that, your well on your way to shedding - and avoiding - adding pounds.

Agree with RPC

Homemade soup is a great option for a Lunchtime snack with some good wholegrain / rye bread.

Simple to make. Can be frozen. Healthy. Unlike the tinned stuff full of salt and sugar.

Combinations are endless.

And its really Cheap to make.

DulwichFox

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

> DF, didn't see yours before I posted but I think I

> must be odd because two hours after porridge I'm

> really hungry again, which doesn't seem to happen

> with protein. Wish porridge worked for me.

I find Porridge a bit of a struggle to eat and end up leaving some of it.

Perhaps you are also not eating enough of it

DulwichFox