New year diet adjustments......that fail...

MrBen

This is the time of year that gym subscriptions rise and people start making minor diet adjustments (which don't last) in a bid to atone for Decembers gluttony. This week people in our office who normally head to Nando's have started coming back at lunchtime with salad. Subconsciously I did the same.

Working my way through the box of shredded vegetables was a joyless experience and it was so difficult that half way through I had to go back out and buy a big bag of crisps to go with it. Why do we do this?

And besides...I'm guessing that eating salad for a month doesn't compensate for several years of red meat, booze and fried stuff. Anyone else care to own up?

I'm actually being pretty good (we're in week two of 2015, mind).

My driver is expensive slim-fit shirts I wear to work are exposing my gluttony by not looking quite as elegant.

So I'm doing easy stuff - no chocs, sodas, snacks and eating 1-2lbs of fruit a day since I currently work near a great market. Also no beer in week and I'm finding already more energy and reduced likelihood of blowing a wad on new shirts. I'm not sure though whether fruit can eventually make me fatter.

Sounds all evangelical now but next week...

Trying really hard to have a no carbs diet for a month or so to shift the lardy stomach. Been ok so far but still a struggle having to think about what to eat. Also trying to stop the chocolate but hard to do when there is a cupboard full of it indoors.