More Blow-In Fodder..

ed_pete

yup- a full scale widespread tightening up of landlord responsibilties, long tern tenant security, rent capping and the other vajazzle that exists in say germany would help enourmously but that is hardly likely to happen here- this is a country that still lionises the parasite royal family.

"We live in a free market economy so we have to accept things like will happen, as hard as it may be to accept, we have no choice"

what do you mean we have no choice PD?

Are you saying that there are no regulations in place across a wide spread of trading activities in all kinds of markets?

We live in a market economy and long may that continue, but it should never be unregulated and without restraint

ernesto Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> yup- a full scale widespread tightening up of landlord responsibilties, long tern tenant

> security, rent capping and the other vajazzle that exists in say germany would help enourmously but

> that is hardly likely to happen here- this is a country that still lionises the parasite royal family.

Or a country that changed away from that 25 years ago as there were no rental properties being made available.

Also, 'rent capping' does not exist in Germany. They have 'rent controls' but that is only limited to annual rises. The initial rental amount is not controlled in any way. Which is why rents in Berlin are rising at a very high rate.

If you want capped rents, build council houses.

Loz Wrote:

> ernesto Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > yup- a full scale widespread tightening up of

> landlord responsibilties, long tern tenant

> > security, rent capping and the other vajazzle

> that exists in say germany would help enourmously

> but

> > that is hardly likely to happen here- this is a

> country that still lionises the parasite royal

> family.

>

> Or a country that changed away from that 25 years

> ago as there were no rental properties being made

> available.

>

> Also, 'rent capping' does not exist in Germany.

> They have 'rent controls' but that is only limited

> to annual rises. The initial rental amount is not

> controlled in any way. Which is why rents in

> Berlin are rising at a very high rate.

>

> If you want capped rents, build council houses.

germany has stability and protedcted status for long term tenants. once you are in, you have security.the entry point is another matter

do you understand why there are not being any council schemes built nowadays ?

???? Wrote:

> oh the state/LA were such great landlords back in

> the day.........oh yes. On the plus side, you

> didn't have to actually pay your rent but you got

> F*all done/mended/sorted etc

whereas its all fantastic now isnt it.

you know what i means innit

unfortuntately, there is just not enough space on peckham rye for all the speculative landlord scummers graves, even if we rack them up goldfinger tower block style.

broken brittan, where we curtsey before rapist royals and cliff richard still walks the streets( of barbados ) a free man

...all my student places, and my contremporaries, were privately owned shitholes (often by the same two infamous brothers) across North London in places like Belsize Park, West Hampstead, Tuffnell Park, Queens Park, that would now be worth an absolute fortune

Ah so THAT'S why I remember reading so mmany anti-immigration pieces back then as well

"coming over here taking the house/jobs that we don't even want"

pish

remember we aren't complaining about people wanting to live in London in 2015 driving up prices - we are talking about people who don't even live here pushing up prices

I remember moving from Swindon to London in 89 and the massive leap in rents - and even still it was affordable. And teh massive leap was because London was even then more attractive to people.

This idea that noone wanted to work/live there is just wrong

Even through the 90s things remained tolerable - it's only in recent years that investors have creamed the place

nope by 1989 the London was turning round - thanks to her that can't be named - I am talking eary 80s not '89, (so not within your 25 year point of reference) but the turnaround was started in the 80s and even the early '90s recession just dented it and it's carried on.

It's not pish go and look at London population trends. Remeber squarts everywhere? hard to let council flats given to students etc etc? Did these things not happen?

Anti-immigrant pieces/nratives are not a reflection of reality - but of bigotness, so to tie them up with some kind of meausre of the popularity of housing is a bit bizzarre?

???? Wrote:

> ...all my student places, and my contremporaries,

> were privately owned shitholes (often by the same

> two infamous brothers) across North London in

> places like Belsize Park, West Hampstead, Tuffnell

> Park, Queens Park, that would now be worth an

> absolute fortune

sorta irrelevant / if correct though

I didnt want to bring up right to buy & the obligation foisted upon councils not to reinvest in further social housing- wee all know this and it seems churlish to state the obvious, but it seems to the ellyfant in the room

thatcher and subsequently everyfeckinone else in power chipped away at the stock of affordable and secure accomodation - whether it was London or Leeds- and pushed the renter into the hands of private individual, without much of a safety net

look at this shite

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/londoners-queue-overnight-in-subzero-temperatures-to-buy-one-bedroom-flat-for-400k-9998821.html

400K for a scabby one bedder in stratford - who can afford that on the average wage? the gap is filled by money from one of the last centrally planned eonomy dictatorships left.

um