So Farewell Then, Gruiniad

Loz

Really, they new 'improved' look of the Guardian website is terrible. Huge text, strange pointless links, and loads of wasted space. Less info per page. Big sodding useless pictures. All the news seems to be hidden. I can't find a bloody thing. Has no one learnt anything from the Windows 8 debacle?

Anyone read The Indy website? Is that any better?

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> tho he's miss-spelt the miss-spell :)

And you have misspelled the misspell. How embarrassing.

http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/spelling-and-word-lists/misspelled.html

?misspell - What is more embarrassing than to misspell the name of the problem? Just remember that it is mis + spell and that will spell you the worry about spelling "misspell."

RosieH Wrote:

> And yeah, I hate the re-design. But I hate the Indy website too - those f*king adverts chasing

> you all over the screen make me want to vote Tory and get the left-wing banned.

I use Firefox and AdBlockPlus. I turned it off one day and was shocked at the big ad at the top of the Guardian website. I'd never seen it before.

I don't have a style issue with the Guardian redesign (though it is ugly), more that there is not enough info per page - the front page of the site being a case in question. Cricinfo is going the same way, though not quite as bad.

Loz Wrote:

> I don't have a style issue with the Guardian

> redesign (though it is ugly), more that there is

> not enough info per page - the front page of the

> site being a case in question. Cricinfo is going

> the same way, though not quite as bad.

Yeah, the reason I hate the re-design is you don't get the news. You get three items of news, and then Maureen f***king Lipman saying she's going to leave the country.

Also, I'm quite judgemental. I like to judge the editors each day by the order they've run the stories (fracking v. Boko Haram; Benedict Cumberbatch a racist v. Church of Scientology - which is more worthy of our time and consideration). They've ruined everything.

???? Wrote:

> Tis truu but I am not keen on the new BBC app

> either

I much prefer the new (last few days) one to the previous one. Hated thatmany just went to the website instead.