ITV1 documentary series looking for contributors

charlotte armstrong

BAFTA Award winning TV Production company Love Productions (www.loveproductions.co.uk)are currently making a new prime-time series for ITV1 and are looking for London-based people who would like to talk to us about potentially taking part.

What?s the series?

In London, only 1 in 10 of us count our neighbours as friends and so we want to film with a number of households on one street over six weeks in the summer to find out more about the people that live there. We?d then like to offer those people the opportunity to gain an insight into each other?s lives and see whether this makes a difference to their relationships with each other.

As a result, the series will look at life at home today on a mixed street; we will get to know the people who are filming with us and see from different perspectives all the things that unite us: family relationships, work stresses and joys, conversations over the dinner table, what makes us happy and what makes us sad.

Please do get in touch with us if you would like to find out more ? there?s no obligation for anyone who calls to take part and talking to people is great for us so that we can shape the series as best we can according to conversations we?ve had.

Best wishes,

Charlotte

[email protected] 020 7067 4873

I don't want to hijack this thread, but a genuine query - why on earth would anyone want to do this? What possible benefit could you gain from it? If you want to meet your neighbours, how would having a TV crew present possibly help?

If you want to take part, take part. If you do not, do not. Let people be!! Bloody hell you guys?.you somehow fail to realise that others have different interests/personalities/beliefs and priorities to you! I would not take part in it either to be honest but I at least recognise that there are people who would be interested and see it as an interesting social experiment or allow them to get on the TV or have their own reasons for taking part, so fair enough for asking the question.

Interesting social experiment my arse - lazy voyeuristic fodder. I suppose you think Benefit Street was an interesting social document and Come Dine With me an in depth treatise on what a nation eats and how it relates over the pasta?

And RosieH? I'd rather they did something worth watching and not this shite.

Just an opinion though however much it pisses some people off.

JimH Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If you want to take part, take part. If you do

> not, do not. Let people be!! Bloody hell you

> guys?.

Guys? Who the F*ck are these guys you mention!? Oooh am I in a clique now?

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If Louisa, Foxy, Snorks, Sue, DJKQ, Seabag and a

> few others all lived in the same street I'd be

> supportive

Sue???

Jesus, you're lumping me in with them?

Thanks.

"...there are people who would be interested and see it as an interesting social experiment or allow them to get on the TV or have their own reasons for taking part"

that was my question. Is there anybody who can think of a reason other than "allow them to get on the TV"? I'm genuinely interested, and I'm sure plenty of the people sneering live their lives at least partly in public via social media etc, which I find equally incomprehensible. How did we arrive at a point where every experience is somehow more valid if it is public?