The Numbers Game

Alan Medic

In case anyone wonders why sometimes one or two people may post a number on a thread as it reaches X numbers of hundred posts, it is because one or two people are silly enough to think it's a game (not invented by me I might add).

Please don't be put off by this or feel you are missing out on something. You're not.

Thank you for reading.

The numbers game is for people that never have anything Positive, Constructive , Interesting, Relative

to say in any thread. It's a vague attempt to hijack any thread they feel they do not belong in.

Certainly in the Curry Club thread which Michael Palaeologus started some 8 years ago does not benefit from

people playing the so called Numbers Game.

The Curry Club is not a Clique. It is not even a Club as such.

The Curry Club open to all. People are sometimes nervous about asking if they can come along.

Seemingly inviting themselves to a private event. ?

Having a couple of Muppets doing the numbers bit may well intimidate potential new 'Members'

who will not have a clue what all that crap it's all about.

I can well understand Michael Palaeologus's annoyance after 8 years of dedication into organising

the Curry Club events each month. It is probably the most successful thread on the forum.

DulwichFox

What Foxy said.

Having spent some years in organising an open and welcoming event, it is annoying to have people who have never and may never attend, post in a way which conveys a sense of clique and ownership that is simply not valid.

It displays a lack of respect (which I think a thread/ event of 8 years has earned) and a sense of attention seeking, entitlement and ego that can be expressed elsewhere without causing offence.

I thought you had finished commenting on this yesterday Michael. What happened since?

In the space of two posts 'numbers' people have been accused of:

Never saying anything interesting

Never saying anything positive

Never saying anything constructive

Being muppets

Hijacking threads we don't belong in (vaguely)

Attention seeking

Lack of respect

Entitlement

Ego

Is there anything else you would like to add? Perhaps you would suggest threads it's ok to post in without causing offence?

PS this thread is open to anyone to comment on anything not related to numbers such as curry or the Mayor of East Dulwich.