Crime rate and safety - Appleshaw House and the surroundings (Champion hill Estate)

kalkar

Hi all,

I just rented a property in Appleshaw House, Champion Hill Estate. It looks very nice, however I came across some stats and opinions in forums, saying that the crime rate is pretty high and it's not very safe.

Can you share with me your thoughts on the crime rate and the safety around Appleshaw House and Champion Hill Estate?

Many thanks!

You'll be fine.

I used to live in an area where there were frontdoor shootings up the road, a firearm supposedly went off in my neighbours house (and armed police stormed the place), and several shady looking kids were always gathered by the station.

Nothing ever happened. Any incident would always be a personal matter between two parties or gang-related.

Unless you're in a gang, or do something to specifically piss someone off - you'll be fine.

Not really East Dulwich though is it.

But as has been said, if you're not involved with shady characters then you're unlikely to be bothered by them. People don't tend to shit in their own doorsteps either.