where did it all go wrong in ED?

keekybreeks

Barking dogs at night in ED- why does everyone have a shouty greyhound/ whippet

Clean air- once upon a time, you could walk the bracing streets of SE22 ingesting a healthy amount of Lead and particulates- now everyone has a bloody wood burner, so the place smells like bonfire night

bloody friggin bleeding blow ins.etc

if they like country living so much, why dont they go and live there . at least cut out the bloody middleman of the Clapham-SE22-Whitstable cycle....

eh ? eh ?

numbers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> wood burners in London don't smell like Bonfire

> Night though, do they?

>

> not with that smokeless fuel crap they are obliged

> to use.

You should walk down my road on a chilly Winter's night, or a Summer evening numbers

Sydenham too is awash with smoke & outdoor grill aromatics

It's hell, but we are still 'Staffy' heavy with a light wippet contention making a show of late

I give it two years before we finally 'go to the dogs'

Of course Ot's right but generally, misplaced pronunciation aside perhaps, I'm on the side of the grammar feds. Nothing wrong with being gently persuaded to adopt proper usage.

Though if anyone could persuade a certain poster to use 'would have' or 'would've' or 'could have' or 'could've' instead of 'would of' or 'could of' then, for my money, they could split infinitives until the cows come slowly home.

Years ago a mate of mine posted on here. He's a bright bloke but can't spell for toffee, and some arsehole basically dismissed him completely on the basis that his spelling was bad, never mind the fact that he was making a valid point. Since then it's been a real pet hate of mine.

Although some grammar things do wind me up, but who REALLY gives a shit?