Best place to watch solar eclipse tomorrow

Louisa

The solar eclipse of the sun will be taking place tomorrow morning between 7am and 11am, the point at which 85% coverage provides us with an eerie darkness in the morning at about 9.35am approx. Anyone know of a high up, decent vantage point locally which won't be rammed?

Louisa.

For the last eclipse I thought it would be interesting to go to Surrey Docks Farm and watch how the animals react. They went back to their pens as it got dark and cold and all the pigeons flew back. The Blacksmith lent out his visors so we could all look directly at the sun through them. How kind. This time I thought I would head for Mudchute City Farm. If I get up early enough. Putting a pure circular hole through paper and reflecting the sun against the wall reflects the image in black so you can see a black circle appear. Either that or it burns a hole in the wall. Can't remember now.

You don't need to be high up. The Sun is 93 million mills away.. an extra 200ft nearer

is not going to make much difference..

Just do not look at the Sun directly unless you have an eclipse viewer which has the CE mark

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSnj17Pc-Qk26KBzNoNBM8Au45KQRx-SEqh1PJluzaEMv_6Xj_ibnBBwGs

DO NOT use binoculars or a telescope.

DO NOT use Sun Glasses.. even multiple pairs are not safe...

Stay safe.. other wise the Eclipse might be the last thing you will ever see..

Foxy

I think Louisa is more interested in the effect of the eclipse on the world below rather than looking at the sun itself.

Could be wrong of course, but I think she wants to watch a foreboding shadow stretch across London...

Absolutely on the button Otta. I was hoping to find someone who allow me to gain access to the rooftop of the flats top of Overhill RD. I do have my own deckchair, not that its a necessity of course. Somewhere where I don't have noise and people around me, alone I wish to survey the city beneath me in almost darkness.

Louisa.

steveo Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I observed one looking through old film negatives

> once

Film negatives are not safe.. They are not going to be evenly dark and do not block out

dangerous UVA & UVB Radiation..

DulwichFox

Louisa Wrote:

> Loz I've checked the forecast, clear blue skies and sunshine all day tomorrow.

Figures - the one day of sunshine and the sodding moon gets in the way.

red devil Wrote:

> There was an eclipse in the late 90's, worked near Tott Ct Rd then

Loz Wrote:

> I was by the side of Lake Balaton in Hungary and got the full show.

Otta Wrote:

> I was up in Liverpool for that, and not a lot happened.

PeckhamRose Wrote:

> I thought it would be interesting to go to Surrey Docks Farm and watch how the animals react.

I was in Basingstoke.

Otta Wrote:

> I think Louisa is more interested in the effect of

> the eclipse on the world below rather than looking

> at the sun itself.

>

> Could be wrong of course, but I think she wants to

> watch a foreboding shadow stretch across London...

Or yell at it - "F*ck off out of my neighbourhood ya nouveau-sombre bleedin' solar-generated blow-in!"