Advice on where to get a kitten

Sam12

I'm looking to get 1 or 2 kittens soon after Easter. I was thinking of getting the kitten(s) via Battersea Dogs/cats home, or Celia Hammond Rescue centre - has anyone got any experience/advice on which one is best, or where best to get the kitten(s)?

Thanks

Either of those is a good place to give a kitten a home from Sam12. And you are doing absolutely the right thing to look for a pet from a rescue centre. Perhaps if people stopped breeding animals for money and people stopped spending stupid amounts on them, we wouldn't have rescue shelters full of pets in need of loving homes.

I have had both pedigrees and rescue cats. For me they are entirely separate things, and having a pedigree cat never stopped me from having rescue cats.

Although if you have a specific breed in mind there are breed-specific rescue organisations, though you're not likely to get a kitten.

But tbh you might not get kittens from a shelter either. Often adult cats need homing. Just be open-minded and upfront about what you want and what you can offer. xx

Celia Hammond pretty much always have kittens to rehome. They will want you to take either 2 kittens or the mother and 1 kitten, they will not home one kitten by itself.

Battersea wouldn't give us kittens as we worked full-time, CH's view was that our house with big garden was better than their rescue centre.