80s/90s club night in Camberwell

lashtal

Greetings Dulwichites

I'm planning an occasional club night for boys and girls who are on the right side of 40 (that's upwards of). We're aiming to play you back through your adolescence and sparkly youth with a soundtrack of synth pop (OMD, Human League, Depeche Mode), post-punk (Gang of Four, Echo and the Bunnymen, the Pop Group), ska (Specials etc) dub (Mark Stewart, On-U Sound) rave (the Prodigy etc) and some glittering New Pop (Simple Minds, ABC, Madonna) but always on the right side of cheesy and with no irony intended whatsoever. I'll be working in related visuals and various flavours of dry ice.The preferred venue would be the crypt under St. Giles Church (where you can find the jazz club on a Friday).

What I would love to find out from you Dulwichites is if you would go to such a club night? Considering childcare, the general ravages of time etc, if it ran 8pm to 1am with a bar and food and had more of a music club atmosphere than a mega-club atmosphere? Conversely, I'd be interested to know why you wouldn't go.

Looking forward to your responses.

Paul

lashtal Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi Otta

>

> It takes 150 folks very comfortably. Perhaps

> you've only been in the stage area, there are

> other parts too towards the bar and the other side

> of the stage.

>

> Paul

Ah, you're probably right. I was just there to check it out as a potential gig venue, but didn't realise there was more hidden away.

I'm speaking in terms of the forum. I'm sure he hasn't shuffled off yet.

Seabag Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> lashtal Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > The late Quids?

>

>

> Wha?

>

> ?????'s please confirm you're still with us