Protein World tube advert

New Girl

I'm interested to hear what people think (for some reason unbeknown to me). There's a lot of controversy and I don't understand why. We live in a society where obesity is kind of accepted these days what with plus size clothing and gastric bands being routine. But obesity is a killer and costs the NHS thousands of pounds so promoting a healthy lifestyle should surely be encouraged? The model isn't waif thin like catwalk models and obviously invests a lot of time in a healthy lifestyle and her body.

Please don't get me wrong and think I'm 'fat shaming' or hate fat people, I don't. I understand we also live in a society where convenience foods and takeaways are in our faces and can become easier and addictive. I was just curious as to what people think.

the advertising and marketing industry scum who produce this crap and the other crap that makes us fat and all the other crap we are exposed to all day long, should be taken outside and fed their own products, fois grois style, until they realise the error of their ways and apologise for the fallout of their disgraceful business. or expire.

oh

in response to the OP- this is an advert that is designed to play on your insecurities and self confidence, to make you feel shit about yourself and your life. Its designed to extract money from you by making you feel bad about yourself and the message of utter self failure that is drilled into you at every opportunity.Its got nothing to do with healthy living is it ? its about profit.Its not unique in that sense.

keekybreeks Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> the advertising and marketing industry scum who produce this crap and the other crap that makes us

> fat and all the other crap we are exposed to all day long, should be taken outside and fed their

> own products, fois grois style, until they realise the error of their ways and apologise for the

> fallout of their disgraceful business. or expire.

Why? Because they say something and stupid people believe it? I prefer to think of it more as Darwinism in action.

But surely better than bombarding them with McDonald's, KFC and the gastric band available at Harley Street adverts on the tube? A life in the gym, eating in moderation and being balanced is surely better than being overweight and ill? We'd have less people in hospital and save the NHS loads money if we were healthier.

I take your point with girls and guys obsessing over the image and eating disorders are also an issue and a burden on the NHS but I look at the advert and think fit inspiration. This can appeal to both spectrums.

Loz Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> keekybreeks Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > the advertising and marketing industry scum who

> produce this crap and the other crap that makes

> us

> > fat and all the other crap we are exposed to all

> day long, should be taken outside and fed their

> > own products, fois grois style, until they

> realise the error of their ways and apologise for

> the

> > fallout of their disgraceful business. or

> expire.

>

> Why? Because they say something and stupid people

> believe it? I prefer to think of it more as

> Darwinism in action.

You can play the game, but you always show your hand eventually

I think it's a load of fuss about nothing.

The crap in women's magazines, films, tv etc is far more pernicious and damaging.

The diet product may be crap, most are, but they are not going to sell much with a fat woman in their adverts, so of course they've got a slim, attractive one.

No different to adverts for sportswear etc.