Help needed with a new Forum

Loz

Help!!

Today I started an EDF-like forum for my local area. I kind of need some help to make it look... well... lived in. I'd really appreciate it if some of the EDFers could drop in, post a few things and generally make the place look busy. Especially in the Lounge area - maybe recreate some of the well-loved threads we have here on the EDF? A good, traditional EDF heated debate?

The forum is Northfielder - Northfields Community Forum

PS Any feedback on the new forum would be appreciated too!

PPS Huge thanks to Mark for his help and guidance... and permission to steal a lot of look and feel of the EDF!

Sorry Loz, but i've only a limited amount of precious time to waste, some of it allocated to here

To spread even thinner my social media/forum time with a tumbleweed blow out of a one horse town venture just won't work for me

You're on your own big boy, but expect a vist from BBW in some guise

May I suggest you make your welcome threads sticky so they stay at the top for a while.

And although you've put at the top "wecome to the NEW forum" it's not that obvious, and I think you should make it much clearer so that people realise it's new and needs people to build it up.

Thanks all.

Otta: Done. Thanks for the feedback

We've delivered over 1500 flyers in the last two days and I have to say, there is a very fine line between a spring loaded mailflap and a vicious beartrap for fingers!

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I tried a bit of gentle stirring, but no bites

> yet..

Property portfolio manager and jazz saxophonist. I'd want to punch you if I met you.

Otta Wrote:

> I'd want to punch you if I met you.

I forgot to mention... property portfolio manager, jazz saxophonist, and deadly ninja. Pick your opportunity wisely!

Seabag Wrote:

> You're on your own big boy, but expect a vist from

> BBW in some guise

heheheh well spotted.

Loz - wishing you well with it, local forums are a great resource and everywhere should have one (though secretly I don't think any will ever hold such a special place in my heart as this).