Foxtons - the shit hits the fan

steveo

rahrahrah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Everyone claims to hate Foxton's... and yet they

> seem to be incredibly successful.

That's because people suddenly forget they hate them when they are selling and Foxtons tell them they'll get them X amount for their property. So they go with them and buyers are forced to go with them if they want that property.

No, it's people being arses.

In essence, most people want a better world, filled with love, understanding, generosity, fairness and butterflies - apart from when it comes to themselves making a few quid, or saving a few quid.

As in 'I think there should be controls on immigration to stop British workers being undercut IT'S A DISGRACE! but hey I just accepted the lowest quote for my home renovations and all the workers seem to be foreigners, oh well"

*Bob* Wrote:

> No, it's people being arses.

>

> In essence, most people want a better world,

> filled with love, understanding, generosity,

> fairness and butterflies - apart from when it

> comes to themselves making a few quid, or saving a

> few quid.

>

>

> As in 'I think there should be controls on

> immigration to stop British workers being undercut

> IT'S A DISGRACE! but hey I just accepted the

> lowest quote for my home renovations and all the

> workers seem to be foreigners, oh well"

Exactly this.

I've never had to deal with an estate agent in my life so perhaps I am missing the point here. If Foxtons say they can find a buyer for x amount and they do, should the seller refuse to accept it? If a buyer is prepared to pay that price then aren't both parties happy?

If Foxtons say they will achieve a price and they regularly don't, won't people realise they are prone to giving unrealistic expectations to sellers and get a bad reputation for it?

How this can be equated with undercutting British workers or buying stolen goods beats me. It's simply the law of supply and demand. It seems some people here expect the law of love and happiness to take precedence!

Louisa Wrote:

> HMB for a brief second I thought you were being

> serious! I need to stop drinking this co-op pinot.

>

>

> Does anyone know what is happening with the white

> Horse? Who has bought it?

>

> Louisa.

http://peckhampeculiar.tumblr.com/post/121101168564/white-horse-landlord-bids-farewell

"Asked the identity of the White Horse?s new owners, Hogie said: ?All I can tell you for the time being is that the new owners intend to run the White Horse as a food-led community pub and will offer a warm welcome to all.?

Sounds shit doesn't it?

FFS why can't anything successful just be left alone? This pub is one of the last proper boozers in the area it wouldn't hurt to leave something be would it? It currently does one of the best roast dinners in the area anyway, whilst retaining itself as a proper locals drinking hole. A very friendly one too. It's a great example to all the other old style pubs that you can be a success without going all gastro.

Queue the "Louisa is repeating herself again and hates change" argument. For the record, I don't care if I am. It seems everything that's happening in Peckham at the moment is aimed at pleasing hipsters and estate agents and ?@&$ everyone else.

Louisa.

It's not as personal as you seem to think, Louisa. It's purely business... young people have all the disposable income.

I'll keep an open mind and look forward to trying it. Personally I'm at a point in life where somewhere to go for a spot of decent lunch with the family is more useful than a boozer anyway.

Louisa Wrote:

> FFS why can't anything successful just be left

> alone? This pub is one of the last proper boozers

> in the area it wouldn't hurt to leave something be

> would it? It currently does one of the best roast

> dinners in the area anyway, whilst retaining

> itself as a proper locals drinking hole. A very

> friendly one too. It's a great example to all the

> other old style pubs that you can be a success

> without going all gastro.

>

> Queue the "Louisa is repeating herself again and

> hates change" argument. >

>

> Louisa.

Lou.. You and I both get stick when we say 'keep things as they are..'

We get accused of not embracing change...

Yet... When we suggest things are not working at any given venue , and they are destined to failure

if they don't make changes, we get accused of expressing joy in seeing a business fail or of being negative.

Can't win mate..

Foxy