Council tip

Lynne

This has been raised a few times now recently.

It does seem a bit far fetched demand proof of residency, but I suppose they have to draw the line somewhere, otherwise they would be dealing with people from Lewisham and other nearby boroughs using this tip which is funded by the people of this borough.

Louisa.

It was the only one where you didn't have to. Lewisham, Bromley, Lambeth all insist.

Many a time I used to drop things off there on my way back home to Bromley from work in Tower Hamlets because of this. Hardly surprising they've cottoned on! Shame as the queues aren't as bad!

We just moved to the area and have none of the forms of ID they want - driving licence with the right address on, utility bills etc. We took our leasehold contract in the end and the guys were fine (we did this twice over the weekend), I think they just need to see something that connects you to a Southwark postcode.

Driver's licence is fine, yes.

They will also accept a utility bill... which is stupid because it could belong to one of your mates, or fished out of somebody's recycling bin. A parking permit is a far better form of proof, yet they will not accept it.