Help needed with my bush

Louisa

Just had a man wake me from my afternoon slumber on the sun lounger to inform me that my front hedge was too high. I informed him that I trim my bush regularly (twice this year already), and it's barely a foot (length) over the front wall. He told me it was illegal to have an unruly bush which can potentially cause people to swerve off the pavement. Where do I stand on this? If my bush is trimmed on a regular basis surely I don't need to do anything else do I? How far out onto the pavement can a hedge stick out?

Louisa.

Imagine yourself as an infirm/blind/handicapped person or someone with a pram/naughty child/dog/lots of bags and then think just how far your bush ought to protrude. I think all of them ought to be right back to give as much room as possible to the pedestrian. It's only fair.

Well Southwark say "We will enforce the law within Southwark and ensure that all

public areas are clear of obstructions." and they list "branches, bushes or hedges

that overhang or block"

So if your bush overhangs or blocks you're bang to rights.

I'd advice you set-up your bush on the middle of the pavement in Rye Lane as nobody

will really take much notice of it there.

Angelina Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> no, not really fabricated. I had a letter from the

> council with that direction. So had mine taken

> back. They were happy.

The comment might have been aimed at Louisa.

Of course it was Otta. I know how the urban elite work behind closed doors. Munching on cavier whilst the rest of us are scrabbling to the bottom of the chest freezer looking for an Iceland fish pie. Meh.

Back on topic, my bush had considerably overgrown and a new neighbour who lives four or five doors along, light heartedly raised it with me last year (primarily to advise me that its height could attract opportunistic burglaries on my property). I didn't have an issue with that at all, but had never considered the official line from the council. I do help Mr Louisa trim it a few times a year, but it's probably overhanging by maybe 4/5 inches onto the pavement (low level as I said before about a foot). Would it be advisable to push the overhang back to the wall boundary?

Louisa.

I didn't have an issue with him raising it I should reiterate, NOT that I don't have an issue with unwanted attention on my house. You can tell I'm having a cheapo one in the sun today (cherry lambrini).

Louisa.

Lou, should every lounge effort of yours (apart from when you're on safe ground on gentrification) now be accompanied by a comedy trombone, a vicar peering over their glasses and someone's trousers accidentally falling down?

It would seem so.

*Bob* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Lou, should every lounge effort of yours (apart

> from when you're on safe ground on gentrification)

> now be accompanied by a comedy trombone, a vicar

> peering over their glasses and someone's trousers

> accidentally falling down?

>

> It would seem so.

maybe that hipster guy who's trousers fell down when Nick Clegg

walked past.

To be serious, Lou, I don?t think you need to be overly concerned - but if there are any ingrowing hairs around the vagina, they?re probably worth dealing with as you don?t want them to lead to an infection or an abscess.

See a doctor if you?re worried.

Saucy sods. I had a genuine concern about the overhang of my bush and it's been dragged kicking and screaming into the gutter. Out of interest Jah, what is a "Brazilian"? Is it a way of shaping the bush? I'm not overly artistic and wouldn't want an extrovert bush. Tbh im considering taking all away back to the roots.

Louisa.