Crystal Palace - road closures for four weeks starting on Tuesday

TB2

Not in East Dulwich, but if you are a driver or bus passenger you might wish to avoid Crystal Palace for the next Four weeks starting on Tuesday (21st July)

Basically the A212 Church Road is closed to replace a water main.

The buses will be on diversion as follows:-

249 towards Anerley Station no change

249 towards Clapham Common diverted from Anerley Station, via Anerley Road, Croydon Road, Penge Road, South Norwood High Street, South Norwood Hill to Beulah Hill i.e no service Crystal Palace Station, Crystal Palace town centre to Church Road and Beulah Hill

322 towards Crystal Palace no change

322 towards Clapham Common diverted via Crystal Palace Parade, College Road, Dulwich Wood Park to Salters Hill Road.

417 and Night N137 towards Crystal Palace no change

417 and Night N137 towards Clapham Common / Oxford Circus diverted via Crystal Palace Parade, College Road, Dulwich Wood Park, Gipsy Hill to Central Hill.

432 and Night N2 towards Crystal Palace and Anerley Station no change

432 and Night N2 towards Brixton and Trafalgar Square diverted via Crystal Palace Parade, College Road, Dulwich Wood Park, Gipsy Hill to Central Hill.

450 towards Lower Sydenham no change

450 towards West Croydon diverted via Anerley Hill, Anerley Road, Hamlet Road, Maberley Road, Sylvan Road, Sylvan Hill, Church Road to Westow Street.

The diversions of the 249 and 450 are particularly onerous and will affect the ability to shop in Crystal Palace. CPTT tried to persuade TfL to do something less disruptive but they have declined. If you are unhappy about these changes or find that your journey is particularly badly affected please contact TfL on the link below and if enough people complain may be they will change their minds.

custserv.tfl.gov.uk

CUSTSERV.TFL.GOV.UK

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• If you thought they were off, would it not have been a good idea to have kept them rather than throwing them away, as evidence for Environmental Health or whoever? Or indeed the shop? And do you mean this is the third time you have bought chicken from the same shop which has been off? Have you told the shop? Why did you buy it again if you have twice previously had chicken from there which was off? Have I misunderstood?
    • I found this post after we just had to throw away £14 of chicken thighs from Dugard in HH, and probably for the 3rd time. They were roasted thoroughly within an hour of purchase. But they came out of the oven smelling very woofy.  We couldn't take a single bite, they were clearly off. Pizza for dinner it is then. Very disappointing. 
    • interesting read.  We're thinking about the same things for our kids in primary school as well. One thing I don't understand about Charter ED is whether they stream / set kids based on ability.  I got the impression from an open evening that it is done a little as possible. All i could find on-line was this undated letter - https://www.chartereastdulwich.org.uk/_site/data/files/users/18/documents/9473A8A3547CCCD39DBC4A55CA1678DC.pdf?pid=167 For the most part, we believe in mixed ability teaching and do not stream in Year 7 or Year 8. The only exceptions to this are that we have a small nurture class for Maths. This is a provision for students who scored lower than 85 in their SATS exams and is designed to support them to acquire the skills to access the learning in mainstream class. We do not have nurture classes for any other subjects. We take a more streamed - though not a setted - approach in Maths and Science from Year 9 onwards. though unsure if this is still accurate reflection of policy, and unsure of difference between streaming and setting.
    • Hello, I'm looking for an entertainer for my 9 year old son's birthday party. Looking for someone who can organise some games for the kids as my son and his friends are quite active. Regards, Sue
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In