What is the law on a car parking in front of your garage?

Mustard

The police aren't interested. Didn't even want registration number. Council have been called to ticket it. Was told it can be ticketed once a day for three days, and then be reassessed. Can you clamp a car on your own property? The garage is not next to my house.

It's on my driveway, directly in front of the garage I own, so access is not possible. There is a dropped kerb. It has happened before with different cars. One time some friends bounced the car off the drive.

I called 101 to report it a previous time (3 months ago) and gave them the registration number and was told it wasn't a local car. Called the council that time, and they said they would send someone to ticket the car. It disappeared.

This time the 101 number wasn't interested. I offered the reg number and was told it wasn't needed. I explained what had happened before and I was told that that telephone operator should not have done a search on the registration number. This was only 3 months ago.

That seems daft. Where's the common sense there? The Police ARE allowed to be helpful. It's not all about chasing hardened crims. If you can get a few friends to lift the back end and wheel it forward out of the way, then why not? You are not damaging the car by doing that.

The car is parked right in front of garage door. The driveway is very short. It's in an area where there is resident's parking, so it's probably to avoid paying for either a permit, a ticket from a machine, or a daily fee.

The garage roof needs repairing and the person I engaged to repair the roof cannot even start due to this car. I also have items in the garage I need to get to.

So the car is not parked in the road, but literally on your drive up against yourbgarage door, is that right?

Who the hell thinks that's okay to do? Think I'd be tempted to do more than let the tyres down.

Once it has been removed, by what ever means, including dragging or bumping it out, the consider getting a collapsible pole or gates fitted to stop it happening again

Or buy a wheel clamp and clamp it your self so that the owner has to knock to have it removed and then explain their reason for parking there

Otta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> So the car is not parked in the road, but

> literally on your drive up against yourbgarage

> door, is that right?

>

> Who the hell thinks that's okay to do? Think I'd

> be tempted to do more than let the tyres down.

Yes, that's correct. Car has now had two tickets put on it. The 101 number is now being more helpful. One person revealed that the car is registered at an address at least 30 minutes drive away.

I realise this will not be much help - but I think the person that parked the car there has crossed the bounds of acceptability by such a large margin I would not hold back on getting that car out of the way. Find some guys at the pub to move it, or pay a tow truck to move it into a clamping zone. Unbelievable !

The car has gone, finally, I guess the tickets helped, but also if the Community Support Officer I latterly spoke to at the 101 number said they would send a Safer Neighbourhood team person to the registered keepers address to see why it was parked there. Maybe that is what worked, as the first and second ticket didn't.