?227.50....

MrBen

...is the amount I've spent on Deliveroo - mainly on Gowlett Pizzas - since it started in May. That's bad.

Also (Fox take note) I've found the most expensive takeaway on the lane - 3 small dishes from Yama Momo came to ?35. BUT the food we chose was really excellent....

Franklins have started Franklins Wood Fired chickens on Deliveroo - delivering cooked chickens to your door.

Burger Bear - delivered Sat to Tuesday only I think...but excellent - try the angry fries. Chips never deliver well but I still love them.

Other good things about Deliveroo - you can order chips from Sea Cow (now decent again IMO), a pizza from the Gowlett and a salad from Yama Momo and despite getting charged a bit extra it will often all come at once, hot and within 30-40 mins or so.

Deliveroo is a great idea, but it can work out expensive! I did enjoy the BurgerBear burgers, but with the Deliveroo charge and a small tip, you're probably going to spend around ?30 for two people (and the "large" fries were far too small).

Still, it's nice to have a few options other than curry/pizza.

So the charging is basically:

?2.50 Deliveroo charge plus driver tip ?1-?2

For orders under ?15 there is an additional ?2 surcharge. So not good for solo dining but for two people upwards it's only ?2.50 or so more expensive in most cases....a small price to pay to avoid Speedy Pizzas or Magic Wok.

Henry_17 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> MeBen,

>

> How does the 228 compare to the approximate cost

> of those ingredients, your time, and premium or

> discount over or under your culinary ability?

Do you (or have you) had a baby, Henry?