The Feminazi vs the Leering Lawyer

Mick Mac

The whole thing's a bit of a car crash.

The legal profession is very old fashioned and good on her for trying to shake it up a bit.

I didn't think much of the whole thing until I read what the male barrister posted under his own daughter's photo. That's just a little bit creepy.

She is quite hot though.

Neither have come out looking particularly good, have they?

He had an outside chance of saving his name with a dodgy excuse right up until the daughter thing came out. I'm trying to decide if she has spectacularly over-reacted and severely injured her career or is a fantastic publicity seeker who has taken an opportunity to expand her career in new directions. Time will tell on that one, but even the Guardian couldn't really summon up the will to back her, which says a lot.

Best one-liner went to the wag who dubbed her 'Gal Qaeda'.

Of all the things that go on every day on social media... harassment, bullying, racism, inciting hatred and violence, religious extremism, suicide pacts, child abusers... and THIS is front page news... crazy.

He was in the wrong of course, but it's been blown out of all proportion.

Quite - a middle aged man makes slightly inappropriate leery comment at a young attractive female college and gets a verbal slap in the face for it.

Hardly a new situation though is it? Simply because it happened on linkedin doesn?t make news worthy.

Very double standard considering she called a man on the same website hot stuff. But was offended by another that called her stunning, I wonder if the bloke she called hot stuff made the same complement as the older gentleman would she be offended or is this an age thing.

Ridgley Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Very double standard considering she called a man

> on the same website hot stuff. But was offended by

> another that called her stunning, I wonder if the

> bloke she called hot stuff made the same

> complement as the older gentleman would she be

> offended or is this an age thing.

Not quite.. the "hot stuff" comment was on Facebook. The difference supposedly being that FB is social an LI is professional.. but it seems like a shaky argument to me. The whole thing is daft.

Jeremy Wrote:

>

> Not quite.. the "hot stuff" comment was on

> Facebook. The difference supposedly being that FB

> is social an LI is professional.. but it seems

> like a shaky argument to me. The whole thing is

> daft.

And hence the OP was worded as such a question.

Jeremy Wrote:

> MM - I was addressing Ridgley's comment more than

> I was addressing your OP.

>

yes I know - I was pointing out that ironically, it took a lot of posts before anyone actually mentioned the issue I was interested in. And I think she has a point, to some extent LinkedIn is not a forum for comments like that - its not really social media, its business media and any message also I believe goes to the persons email address, hence its a very stupid thing to do in that context.

I'd suggest that on Facebook you might get away with a bit of flirty banter, to some extent that's part of the package - although her comments have come back to bite her.

The age difference makes it a bit of an inappropriate comment in any event.

Newsworthy enough for her to be interviewed on Newsnight.

She refers in the interview to LinkedIn as a professional space. If you refer to the OP, this was the prompt and I agree with her on that.

I disagree with her about many things bit LinkedIn is not social media and the guy is a plonker.

I think she's used this as a bit of a PR stunt, but she's completely right in principle. As for the tendency of women to be judged on their looks in the legal profession, I could tell you stories that would make the most hardened "It's PC GONE MAAAADDD!" type start swearing off calling people feminazis.