Doctor who - the witches familiar - questions

TheArtfulDogger

If you haven't watched part 2 yet, then don't read on until you have

At the end the Doctor goes back to rescue Davros from the hand mines and teaches him the word "mercy" to enable the darlek that Clara is in to say "mercy" and thinking about the principles of time paradoxes if he didn't go back to save him would Davros have died at the hands of the hand mines and as a result would the Darleks then never have existed thus changing the future and cancelling out the need to go back to save Davros ... Therefore by going back did the Doctor assist in the creation of the Darleks ?

Second question

When we first met Clara she was inside a Darlek and was able to tell the Doctor her name, yet in the episode last night every time she said her name the Darlek said " I am a Darlek" - Is there a level of inconsistency and continuity failure here ?

Final question

In an earlier series the Darleks evolved into super Darleks, yet in this episode they are in their old form ( you even see the Darlek weapon first introduced during Sylvester McCoy incarnation of the Doctor, it's the one with the biggest gun In the background) and yes time travel means that the Doctor could have gone back to an earlier time, yet he mentions that Gallifrey has been found so this was ( in timelines) after the creation of the super Darleks ... What happened to them ?

Go to say I am loving the madness of Missy

Answers on a post card to

"Sad person"

TheArtfulDogger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> At the end the Doctor goes back to rescue Davros from the hand mines and teaches him the word

> "mercy" to enable the darlek that Clara is in to say "mercy" and thinking about the principles of

> time paradoxes if he didn't go back to save him would Davros have died at the hands of the hand

> mines and as a result would the Darleks then never have existed thus changing the future and

> cancelling out the need to go back to save Davros ... Therefore by going back did the Doctor assist

> in the creation of the Darleks ?

I understood it as that Davros did manage to escape the handmines before the Doctor 'saved' him, but by going back, he gave Davros the concept of mercy and that was then transferred to the daleks.

FJDGoose Wrote:

> It's Dalek isn't it ?

[geek]

Yep - it's an anagram of 'Kaled' which was Davros' race (before he defected) in the thousand year Kaled v Thal war on Skaro which led to the development of the Daleks as a weapon.

[/geek]

Okay so I am a dog and my pads aren't good on an iPad when it comes to spelling. You are correct it is Dalek and yes that is an anagram of kaled ...

Liz, you assume that Davros escapes the hand mines, however the paradox of time travel means that the Doctor must have gone back to save him and teach him the word mercy otherwise Clara wouldn't have been able to say it. Therefore his trip back was predetermined the moment she said Mercy but there isnt any proof that if he didn't go back theat Davros would have made it out alive... A real quandary but regardless it still doesn't solve the other two questions...

As for seabag and his question, a catch kids on Dalek would be brilliant but I expect by showing individuality it would be exterminated by the other Daleks ....

Had the Dr. not saved Davros the Daleks would never have existed therefore when the Dr. came across Davros among the hand mines he would have saved him. The Daleks would then have existed .... this time travel thing can get very complicated if you think about it too much.

I thought he escaped the first time b/c the Dr left him his sonic screwdriver. But, obvs he escaped under a great deal of stress and fear (with no concept of mercy), so the Dr had to go back and help him in person b/c even whiny little twits deserve to be saved (and create their very own monster race).

When Clara was previously in the dalek, she may have been able to make the dalek say "Clara" becuase she was wired in differently or had learned how the educate the dalek software... or some other suitable plot twist.

Christopher Eccleston is still second only to Tom Baker in my book. xx

Christopher eccleston, John pertwee and tom baker all good. Peter capaldi doing his best with the now usual trite dialogue with lots of brooding music to make it seem more meaningful than it actually is. Matt smith and david Tennant pure pantomime sh*the but blame the writers.

DuncanW Wrote:

> I think it's just a story, aimed mainly at

> children and doesn't bear up to this level of

> analysis...

There are forums where they know Everything about anything that ever happened in DW