Snappy Snaps Peckham - just awful

kjet2

My 16 year old daughter was subjected to really rude and unwarranted treatment by the manager at Snappy Snaps in Peckham this evening. She phoned to say that an order was incorrect and that the fee charged was way too high (?35 for a ?9 print) and was not only mocked over the phone, with the manager, Steve ("I don't have to tell you shxt" - when asked for his surname), but was also told she was a "spoilt brat" and he continually responded to her questions in a mocking tone. Maybe he was having a bad day, but she was very upset by this completely unnecessary reaction. Hope you don't mind me bringing it to your attention.

how awful. I have been there several times and they have been lovely. The chap running the show was charm itself when dealing with a rather difficult customer. Sounds like a completely diff member of staff. Absolutely no excuse for that type of behaviour at all.

I've had awful service here too, though thankfully not as rude as OP's daughter has experienced.

I'd bought some photo frames in the run up to Christmas as gifts. The frames were sub-standard (scratched frames / imperfect glass etc.) After Xmas, I went back to get a refund and was told that the manager was on holiday so there would be no refunds. One shop assistant said I should complain to whoever had made the frames as it was not their problem! Despite me calling them out on this, there was not much I could do but return at a later date. When I did come back, there was a stand-in manager (doesn't sound like your man Steve). I really had to argue hard to get a refund / exchange (you know, comsumer act, being sold goods not fit for purpose etc.)

Simultaneously there was another man complaining about being mis-sold a portrait session!

Very unimpressed, and sorry for your daughter having such an appalling experience. I believe that Snappy Snaps is a franchise - perhaps there is a head office you can complain to?

Thank you bkkmei. Sorry about your experience. It is indeed a franchise. Customer service is only a phone line and I will be calling them first thing in the morning. Grown men who act as bullies like this should not be allowed to get away with this sort of behaviour. I know that my daughter can be tough when pushed but this was unacceptable.

Hello Pommie, I contacted their head office this morning and my wife or I will accompany my daughter to the shop this afternoon. I don't want to escalate this thing into some big confrontation, but the man clearly has issues if he thinks he can bully, intimidate and reduce to tears a 16 year old girl. I think that an apology is due and that's all we will be seeking.

I went in there once and once was enough, only just stepped through the door before being jumped on by a member of staff, ok not jumped on but not given a chance to browse around before being insistingly asked what I wanted.