I have had to move my daughter from private to state school abs feel guilty

Isaiah14

I am new to this forum and I guess I'm looking for answer or maybe just to make myself feel better, my daughter has been at a private prep for 3 years and I have had to move her to a state school but an outstanding state which I am thankful for, but I can not stop feeling as though I have let her down! :-( my

I am a qualified teacher and have worked in the education system for over 8 years and I can tell you that some state are honestly a load of rubbish parents rent property's to be close to the best schools, but houses and or even pretend to be of a certain religion to get the best school, ever thought about why that is???

Well it's unfortunate that so many people feel that they are obliged to send their kids to private schools because they can't be bothered to investigate the suitability of state schools. As another poster says, London has some of the best state schools in the country and these schools have improved enormously over the last decade or so.

Or do parents go into the private sector so that their children don't have to mix with "the wrong kind of children" (euphemism for something else) and then whine endlessly about how poor they are after paying the fees?

Society cause inequality when a child from a state school gets A grades and someone from Eaton gets C grades but is over looked because of where the came from and did you not know that majority of people in power, David Cameron and other MPs are EATON BOYS!!! Or from St Dustans why can't someone from Southwark or Lewisham college get into politics so please do not blame me for the inequalities within our society!

Isaiah14 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I am a qualified teacher and have worked in the

> education system for over 8 years and I can tell

> you that some state are honestly a load of rubbish

> parents rent property's to be close to the best

> schools, but houses and or even pretend to be of a

> certain religion to get the best school, ever

> thought about why that is???

What do you teach? Inglish? Or maffs?

There are many reason why people opt for private,

1. Child may have additional learning needs and would like their child to be given more focus

2. Yes, maybe fear that their child will mix with the wrong crowd

3. Or maybe because all schools closer to them are grade 3 or 4 ofsted which is bad

I done it because of that reason and I had my child on a waiting list for over a year in schools I new were the best in the area as I had done my research and lived not very close to any and just wanted the best at the time

I'm not blaming you for the inequalities in society. However, it is you, not I, who have made this suggestion, so if the cap fits, wear it.

I am very aware that Cameron went to Eton (not Eaton), as did a disproportionate number of leading politicians such as Boris Johnson, Zac Goldsmith and other government members. However, you don't seem to be very concerned about this; maybe you should be.

To quote the old private school motto, "Quis paget, entrat".

I am using my phone and if you ever have used dictionary it tries to work out what it thinks you want to say!!!! For your information it seems people are upset by my initial thread so if can not behave like an adult do not send a response @??????

I really hope you are not a teacher!

Have you let your daughter down... yes, in that she's had three years mixing with kids that aren't her neighbours. State schools help build strong communities. I love that my kids could knock on any door between our house and school, and know/be known by the people inside.

Anyway, don't feed the troll folks...

I find you all very rude! I was only saying I let her down because of breaking friendships and she is finding it hard to settle. However I would not let go to any school that I felt was not good. Yes I am a teacher Grade 1, I am also aware of the correct spelling of Eaton (Eton). As I have said it is typing errors via my phone. When is it that when the topic of private vs State there is so much tension!!! I feel that you all are showing signs of discrimination! Disgusting!!!

Pickle thank you a decent response, did not like the first comment because of typing errors people are insulting me, anyway we are not all perfect and do a dame good job at teaching. I think I will replying to people that have no manners or respect, because thread could potentially turn nasty and get out of hand!!!!!😡😡😡