Nest or Hive?

LuLu Too

Wifi enabled smart thermostats - Nest, Hive, Tado or similar...

Have you got one? Would you recommend one over a non wifi smart thermostat?

My clearly rubbish generic non wifi so called smart thermostat has died after only 2 years use. Considering replacing with a more expensive wifi version so that the heating can be controlled remotely via phone/iPad app.

Anyone got one and do they actually save energy and hence ?????

We went for a Nest which came as part of a fixed price package. The main reason I wanted one was because my working hours and locations are irregular and I found myself turning the heating on, but then forgetting to turn it off when going out and heating an empty house. Only had it since April, so this winter will be the test if it works, but it seems to be better at getting the "right" temperature than our old one which would never kick in unless set to >25 degrees...

Thanks for the feedback. I have decided to go with a Nest based on the overall positive reviews online. Hopefully it will live up to the hype without feeling decadent!

Salsa boy, the dead thermostat was a British Gas branded Drayton.

Right, off to John Lewis to collect that Nest.

Also looking into these, would be interested to know how you get on with the Nest.

The only feature I'm really interested in is being able to switch the heating on and off via app as I don't come in and out at regular times. So some of the "learning" stuff Nest et al feature is overkill. Have done a bit of searching, but can't find one that just allows app control, so guessing I'll have to go with a fully "smart" one. Or has anyone found a simpler one that just does this?