Parking ticket, borderline?

Huggers

I went to Dulwich Gallery today and parked in the off-road recessed parking opposite the gallery, to the right of the park gates. I couldn't believe there was a space. No sign of anything but wiggley lines. Of course i got a ticket- but for parking on the zebra zig zags. But i was behind them off road...cars next to me ticketed too. Dastardly and confusing. I'd never park on a zebra but apparently i did.

Huggers..

Re: why have we got a 20mph zone?

Posted by Huggers October 05, 12:56PM

I've just been camera flashed driving alongside Nunhead Cemetery driving I think at 25 mph. I had no idea it was a 20mph zone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Police priorities? Teen son stopped again!

Posted by Huggers Yesterday, 08:02PM

This morning, just after leaving house for sixth form, and yes smoking a crafty fag, my 17 year old son was stopped by a

passing speeding cop car which screeched to a halt, two policemen got out and asked him if he was smoking cannabis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Professional dog walkers a menace

Posted by Huggers October 28, 07:27PM

there were community police officers in Nunhead Cemetery this morning doing dog monitoring.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parking ticket, borderline?

Posted by Huggers Today, 01:39PM

I went to Dulwich Gallery today and parked in the off-road recessed parking opposite the gallery, to the right of the park gates.

I couldn't believe there was a space. No sign of anything but wiggley lines. Of course i got a ticket-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think they are definitely out to get you. :)

Foxy

lol Dulwich Fox. You are adding to my paranoia!

I think I looked at the wiggly lines and just couldn't compute them as they were out of context. so my bad.

I did have a 'why is no one else parking there' feeling but then I was going to the Escher exhibition were everything is topsy turvey.

Good news is I never did get done for speeding by Nunhead Cemetery, proabably because I wasn't.

• 3 months later...
Did you ever appeal this? I got one today in the same place and feel very hard done by. It's in a bay set back from the road and you're not blocking anyone's eye-line of the zebra crossing. There was a note some kind man attached to it saying that he had appealed his ticket there and won and gave me his number. He said the adjudicator had agreed with him that it was a "point of law that the zig zags should be on a road and not in a bay". I think I'm going to appeal and hope it's not too drawn out. I think the lines should either be removed completely or some signage saying DO NOT PARK HERE!

If I have this location correct it's a space that allows access to a driveway and presumably garages to the adjacent house? This is set behind the zig-zags and on a gravel bed, effectively positioning your car "off-road" The lines are designed to allow full view of the crossing and as such you have not obscured and therefore no offence committed, I would definitely re-visit and send photo's in with your appeal.

My mother had a parking ticket in that spot too, she appealed and it just got dropped, she never heard anything more from it and it went way over the time limit they had for responding.

I took a few photos of the sight-lines to use as evidence if needed.

Since then, some locals have been out putting up signs warning about parking there. Definitely worth an appeal.