> Yes I've done the bumper car one, when I told both

> dealers that I'd crashed an elctric car. Yes we

> saw a mobility scooter when we were out and about

> on the first test drive.

>

> Is anyone bothered?

Yes but, was it two stroke or the rare diesel model

Modern mobility scooters are electric

The invilid three wheelers from 40 years ago were two stroke. I can't think of any reason that they would be powered by diesel.

I've driven or ridden electric, petrol, diesel, two stroke and LPG. I've yet to do CNG and I haven't got a licence to do LNG. I wonder if I will ever be able to afford hydrogen fuel cell vehicles (strictly this is electric as well) although I could try to get on one of TfL's hydrogen buses, or use one of the few hydrogen black cabs. I'm not sure if GTL will ever become a popular fuel source and similarly liquid air. Oh I seem to know what I am talking about.

Perhaps you could be a litel more imaginative in your put downs!

More to be revealed later.

Oh come now, we haven't discussed Scalextric sets yet

Don't tell me these aren't the best fun driving electric vehicles on the planet

I think Jeremy Carkson worked out that if/when you were actually in a scalextric car, you'd be going around corners at 200mph +

Now I can't remember what speed a mobility scooter does, but I bet it isn't anything like that, even if it is two-stroke, electric or diesel, or steam even.

I'm also quite excited at the new sets coming out and for the scalextric4schools championship. Did you know they have a design/build and race series for schools?

Yes they do, and it's great

I'm sure you know of the Hornby visitor centre in Margate, where we/me/you can wig out with all things wheeled and electric.

http://www.hornby.com/uk-en/hornby-visitor-centre

I've personally got 'Cock O' the North' top my Christmas list

http://www.hornby.com/uk-en/master-of-the-glens-train-set.html

I imagine that within many of our lifetimes, most cars will be electric. I think both battery powered and hydrogen fuel cell cars will have a place in the market, as they are suited to different type of journey and owner.

Never driven an electric car... theoretically shouldn't they beat conventional cars hands down in terms of torque/acceleration?

OK now time to reveal my exciting test drives

Tesla - 2 tonnes plus of pure power that would send you through the windscreen with a blip of the accelerator, but at about ?70k (and resale prices holding) not something I will be buying. Get over to Westfield and get yourself a test drive. One of our crowd felt sick due to the acceleration so it was calm calm calm when it was my turn.

Then half an hour in a Nissan Leaf, and a strange experience as you don't want to race, just sit there at 28mph admiring the view.

The quietness and lack of revs is just odd, and the automatic shift, strange too but you would get used to this.

200 miles plus on the Tesla, sub ton on the Leaf, but that will double in the next year or so.