Right To Buy - Southwark Council loft conversion

lyndee

Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to read my post in advance.

I'm in the process of buying my council flat in nearby SE15 and was wondering if anyone had any advice with regards to purchasing their loft space. I have been advised that if I wish to purchase it I have to look into it after the sale of the flat. I'm a little concerned because of some of the threads that I have read here stating that lofts are no longer being sold. A big reason for buying my flat is that I need the extra space so it would come as a great disappointment if that were no longer an option.

Has anyone had any recent success of buying their loft? I am above a council tenant and I'm concerned about the lack of access and how this may impact on their decision to approve planning should they sell me the space with no planning permission.

As you can see I'm super anxious about this, I have lived in Southwark all my life and feel privileged enough to be in a position to purchase the flat (with support). I just would like to make an informed decision with regards to loft and the possibilities available to me.

If anyone has any architects or loft companies they would recommend I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again,

Lyn

• 1 year later...

Hi Lyn

I wondered if you have had any luck with buying and converting the loft space from Southwark Council? I'm interested in buying my loft space and am also living above a Council Tenant.

We have old moldy water tanks in the loft that will need removing - Both flats have now been disconnected from the tanks so they are no longer in use.

Many thanks