Songs you once loved and have rediscovered.

Otta

Was recently reminded of "Chasing Rainbows" by Shed Seven. LOVED it back in the 90s as an 18 year old. Hadn't heard it for years and years, listened to it last week and have fallen in love with it again.

Also listened to the whole Diary of a Madman album by Ozzy for the first time since I was about 15, and thoroughly enjoyed that, could of really really good tracks on there.

Great to see Tracy Chapman being brought to a new generation with this recent cover and chart success of her song "fast car". She is a talented and yet down to earth gracious artist, who has provided us with so many modern classics.

Louisa.

Not a song, but the other day I heard part of a classical concert on tv where the orchestra were playing music from the film The Mission. Reminded me of all the other stuff by Ennio Morricone I love. Yesterday by chance I was using the Underground which I rarely need to, and saw a poster of him. He is conducting his own music at the O2 on the 14th at the grand old age of 87.

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Since his death, a lot of early David Bowie. Not

> rediscovered or forgotten about just hadn't played

> a lot of his stuff in a very long time due to

> overfamiliarity.

>

> And today it was this masterpiece from 1970.

>

>Good choice Jah

Salsaboy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Only Women Bleed - Julie Covington.

>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VpRP00-Xxk

Well I've learnt something today. I know that song because Guns n' Roses used to play part of it live before going in to Knocking on Heaven's Door. I then found out that Alice Cooper had done it. I never realised it was a cover.

This (from the Freddie Mercury tribute) was the first I'd ever heard of it, and it led me to find the Alice Cooper version.

I especially wanted to post this clip as I know how much Jah Lush hates the GNR version of heavens door ;-)

Knockin on Heavens Door, for me, is the antithesis of this thread. I was a teenage GnR fan when it came out (and didn't know the original at the time) and I loved it.

In hindsight... the song is utter shit.

(BTW Otta, didn't mean to PM you - accidentally hit the wrong button!)