East Dulwich drawing/life drawing

david hopkins

I'm starting a tutored drawing class at East Dulwich Community Centre, Thursdays 11-1pm in a few weeks' time (in March, start-date to be confirmed). ?12 per two-hour session, pay each time. For local artists / anyone interested to start drawing or keep up their drawing.

Free TASTER SESSION Saturday 20th Feb, 12-12.45pm in the Small Hall - on their 'Give and Take' day. Please bring your own materials.

Please email me at [email protected] if you're interested in coming on 20/2/16, and/or in joining the class in March. If it gets off the ground we could add other days/times.

I've got the venue, I've got a great life model to start us off, easels and drawing boards are on their way. I'll be running the sessions, offering help and guidance. I want it to be a friendly group, but I think untutored drawing sessions tend to lack focus, and people go away a bit unsure whether they've got anything out of it or not. Someone to pull it together is a plus, and I'm stepping up coz I live opposite EDCC and I think a local drawing class would be great! (no reason we can't paint as well except paintings can't be stored there). I'm an experienced painter, did my degree at Central St. Martin's, my website is www.davidhopkinspaintings.co.uk. I've got a few friends/fellow-artists already interested. Come along on Sat 20th Feb - and spread the word!