Hidden disabilities and employment

Hoopster

I am researching and writing a dissertation on the employment experiences of people with hidden disabilities. I am looking for people who are willing to talk to me about why they have, or have not disclosed their disability to their employers and potential employers, and the effect this has had on their lives.

The research is part of an MSc in Psychology and has ethics approval (the ethics approval does not extend to vulnerable adults). The disability or condition does not have to be medically diagnosed. People who express an interest will be sent additional information before they decide to participate, they are not obliged to take part and can withdraw at any time. Meetings will take place in a safe environment, for example, an office or on Skype.

I am an HR professional with over 15 years of experience in recruitment and training and I want to do this work to help reduce the barriers and obstacles to employment that many people with disabilities face.

I am available to answer questions and, if you are willing and interested in taking part, please PM me or send an email to: [email protected]

Thanks

Amanda

Hi John

I am not seeking employer experiences at this time. I intend to continue the research as part of an occupational psychology degree next year and depending on the outcome of this piece of work I may go done that route for the next study.

Thanks

Amanda

You might want to contact the British Dyslexia Association (BDA) as they work and advocate for quite a few people who have dyslexia, and their rights and experiences in the work place. They might be able to put you in contact with people who are willing to take part in your research, who may not have wanted to disclose.