The Walking Dead??????

Lisa Taylor

Hey,

Does anyone watch The Walking Dead?

We had a few months break over Xmas & it finally returned Monday for an episode which was totally worth the wait.

I'm glad it ended when it did though as my heart couldn't take much more, it was all getting too much but was fantastic.

Anyone else watch it??

Yep, came to it late and then zoomed through the first 4 seasons in about 3 weeks before catching up.

The new episode was certainly a tense one, but then so are a lot of episodes.

It's funny, I wouldn't have thought it would hold my interest like it has, but still hooked.

I think the first few series were the best-- the analysis of human nature and the danger human beings become to each other during crisis was really interesting.

I still love it though as its a show with genuine suspense. They regularly kill of longstanding well-loved characters though it has been a while since a truly core cast member died. Hershel was probably the last time.

Does anyone think they have the guts to kill of any of the core characters:

* Daryl

* Carl

* Carol

* Michonne

* Maggie

* Glenn

If I had to guess, it would be Maggie or Carol but the show has enough secondary characters now that probably won't feel the need to kill of a main character this season. I think Daryl, Glenn and Michonne are virtually unkillable at the moment.

Yep Maggie would be my pick, or indeed Carol. But in the last season when the nasty humans raided the town, Carol dressed up with that hat and her face covered. I'd wondered if that might become her "alter ego" and make a reappearance. I've not read the graphic novels (why don't we just call them bloody comics!!!!) but the look did feel very comic book like.

So glad you guys are all hooked too.

We can't kill any one the main characters, I'm too attached to them now. When we all assumed Glenn was killed a while back i was so upset & over the moon when he hid out under the bin & reunited with Maggie.

Carol is a dangerous woman, i don't think she will be taken out.....can you believe how timid she was in the beginning????? lol

Did you see last night's episode? Who is this new guy & how can he fight like that?

Lisa may I suggest you edit your original post and add "contains spoilers" to the thread title. Then we can all say what we like without people moaning.

As for this week, I'm not sure I like the new relationship development between two main characters. But this Jesus dude looks interesting.

• 1 month later...

Possible spoiler alert...

Hmmm such experienced characters behaving in such foolish ways! Just a set up for the next episode.

And if the saviours are so many and everywhere how did The Wolves survive so long?! Anyway, big show down this Sunday with major character death.....

I don't think Darrell is dead either, but it's all getting a bit tasty.

I must admit though that for the first time I am starting to get SLIGHTLY fed up with the whole thing, but I'm sure after the finale I'll be back on board and desperate for the next season.

I haven't got any doubts that Darryl is still alive......a massive character like him would not be killed off like that, it was would be a brutal murder on-screen (oh dear i think i'm getting far to into this).

The guy who shot Darryl is awful, he looks like something from the Hills Have Eyes.....creepy!

Carol is crazy, i can't believe she got all those men before they even realised what was happening, she is a very dangerous woman.

I'm really looking forward to the finale but don't want anyone in the group to die but i know its going to happen : (

Did you watch Talking Dead afterwards? They're intentionally leaving that one hanging until series 7, even most of the cast don't know who it is (it might be that the writers haven't yet decided?).

But they did say that there were some vague clues in the dialogue. I'm thinking it wasn't Rick or Carl seeing as Negan talked about feeding the "boy's" other eye to his father if anyone makes a fuss.

My guess is Abraham - he just talked about being ready to have a child, how he and Sasha are in such a good place now. He also had that touching goodbye moment with Eugene, seems like he's set up to suddenly be ripped away from the group. Daryl or Glenn seem to be the most popular theories.

Yes! It was tense! The makers claim that nobody, even the cast know who Lucille finished off (slightly hard to believe but it's good P.R.). I don't read comics but apparently one of the characters we know well meets their end here in the story but the tv show isn't always faithful to the source material, so anything could happen.

I wondered if it could even be Maggie. Smashing up a pregnant woman would certainly help to get your message across if you wanted your message to be that you are not to be fucked with and that you are not one for mercy.

But I think Abraham, because after the first blow you heard the bloke say something about how the victim took it, and it just fits Abraham's hard bastard style.

Well yes i think we can rule out Rick & Carl after what Negan said about the eye, i was thinking maybe it could be Abraham after the comment he made but someone has told me in the comic it's Glen???

I hope they change it but the writers have said its one of our beloved characters.....personally i would assume that's 1 of the originals so now i do think its going to be Glen or Darryl.

Don't post spoilers from the comic please!! That's why I carefully avoided saying who was killed in the comic, as they may stay faithful to it!

Lisa Taylor Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Well yes i think we can rule out Rick & Carl after

> what Negan said about the eye, i was thinking

> maybe it could be Abraham after the comment he

> made but someone has told me in the comic it's

> Glen???

> I hope they change it but the writers have said

> its one of our beloved characters.....personally i

> would assume that's 1 of the originals so now i do

> think its going to be Glen or Darryl.