North dulwich station temporary steps - does anyone know?

Melihoople

North dulwich station has steps and a bridge that has just been built half way down the platform. Currently not in use and not connected to anywhere.

When i asked the station guy he was his usual helpful self and suggested repairs which would mean walking over the bridge to access the platform affected.

This would make north dulwich unusable for my parents. I can just do it with a pram but not adding in 2 more long steep flights of steps. Worried i need to start finding a different route to work...

Does anyone know any more?

Ah, that makes sense been wondering what they're for. The current stairs are in a bad state of repair, so it seems they'll be closing one set at a time to refurbish them.

The scaffold stairs are definitely only temporary so may be best to avoid the station until the refurbishment is complete...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
As of this morning you still have to use the temporary bridge, also I think it will be a while before the work on platform 1 is complete. There is a poster in the station stating when but I can't remember the exact dates.

• 1 year later...