Bulky waste chaos

Fly

I booked a bulky waste collection to get rid of a mattress. It is an online form where you list 10items and pay ?16. I was told via emailI had not put in my address. I wrote back confirming my address and also wrote about an easel that needed collection but as the form only lists certain items it could not be listed. I received no reply or date when they were coming. I therefore put nothing in my garden except the old barbecue (there anyway) which was item 10 and less important than the stuff cluttering up my house. They arrived today while I was clearly at home but did not knock on the door. They took the barbecue but none of the other items which included a mattress which was the main reason for needing the collection. I was home. I saw from my window them taking the barbecue. I banged on the window and tried to call out to stop them but they ran away and drove off in their van. I followed down the street waving my hands and calling but they continued driving. I tried phoning but they said I should complain formally. The complaints number says call back later as they are bust and hangs up. This seems so unacceptable. I am trying to responsibly chuck out rubbish.

Just a possibility - it might nit have been Southwark. There are a lot of scrap metal merchants who drive around, picking up metal things. Which would explain why they only took the BBQ and scarpered when you yelled.

Did you see Southwark markings on the van?

> They took the barbecue but none of the other items which included a mattress

> which was the main reason for needing the collection.

AIUI these weren't actually in the garden when they came? In which case they've taken all that was left for them. I think it just needs checking that the other items paid for are still outstanding, and arranging for them to be ready for collection.

The problem is if there is no way to contact them apart from an email which they do not reply to and a phone they don't answer. I could pay again but don't want the same to happen again and don't want to leave stuff outside for unknown time in the rain.

I had my bulky waste collected today also , bizarrely online you have to list everything you want collecting and your address but then I got an email asking me to list everything again as well as my address which I annoyingly informed them that this was asked already online. I was given a reference number and told to put the numbers on the items which I did . They did actually ring my doorbell to inform me that one item I had left out isn't what they are usually allowed to take ( but which I had stated on my form and email that I wanted collected ) but that they would take it anyway for me .

The online form isn't good either as it doesn't list all the items on the drop down box ( I had curtain poles which wasn't list in the drop down box as well as an ottoman box ) .

Lots of room for improvement.