A plea for help and advice for a friend

thebond

I have known this educated well read, travelled mature gentleman for many years, even worked alongside him at one stage. I'm sure he wont begrudge me writing this, however his pride might do. His name is Ian, the name behind his forum name right-clicking in where he has helped many in the community with their computer related issues, and I may hasten to add for no fee sometimes; just offering friendly advice.

I might get into trouble for this post but I can't sit back and see a friend be destroyed by such an unfortunate set of circumstances.

Within a space of 18months he was made redundant, and at his age (58) has found it difficult in an ageist society to find suitable work for his calibre, though he has worked doing say lesser work. On top of that his marriage broke down leaving him to be separated from his two wonderful children.

If that was not enough to cope with last year he discovered he had cancer and spent months in hospital of which he is still recovering from (in remission), it is no wonder his finances took a hit forcing his landlord to evict him for late payments etc etc.

I beg of you kind people of East Dulwich and the surrounding communities to see his tragic plight and look at his link http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?9,1661115,1662289#msg-1662289

Even it's not to buy anything, possible give any advice, words of encouragement or even help a man whom due to no fault of his own has become a victim of such unfortunate circumstances.

I'm hoping and believe in the power of community spirit will prevail, it's the right thing to look after our neighbours, our community when in times of hardship, despite us living in a capitalist state.

I thank you all for taking the time to read this, and hope you can offer some support no matter how small.

Warmest Regards

James

Right-Clicking has helped me several times and each time has been a proper pleasure.

Sorry to hear about such hard and persistently hard times, it's a tough one.

I've seen the list of items for sale a few days ago, all at give-away prices, which must be hard to swallow .(unfortunately I have no space for new stuff).

If I can think of some way to help I will be in touch.