Where is the populist outcry against tax dodging Jeremy Corbyn ?

Mick Mac

Excluding three sources of taxable income from your tax return ..... tut tut

I'm expecting the same people who called for Cameron's head (for legitimate tax planning) to be calling for the head of this blatent tax cheat.

Playing dumb doesn't work - albeit he's getting very good at it.

When did he file the amendment (did he have to be prompted by HMRC) and when did he pay the correct tax?

Given that he filed the original tax return late - he didn't have time before 31 January to correct his return before the statutory deadline - therefore its a late filed incorrect return.

The people who called for the PM's head will make excuses for Corbyn, like he was too busy trying to look after the poor working-class people of the UK. What is worrying is that this happened at all, it kind of explains the shyte that the last Labour administration left behind if it happened through ignorance!

The difference perhaps is that he does his own tax return whereas Cameron and Osborne hire fancy accountants to manage their affairs? Not excusing it of course. It doesn't bode well for a leader if he can't even get something as simple as his filed accounts right. But in future he can get help with that. It's not the same though as deliberately using offshore havens to avoid paying tax altogether imo.

You don't buy it? Have you ever heard the man!?

I find it hard to believe he's ever made a cup of tea without spillage.

Of course he's a fumbler and a bumbler - but that wouldn't matter so much if he hadn't turned out to be such a toothless and timid worryguts and a cardigan-and-armchair revolutionary of the most mediocre sort.

I don't know Mick Mac. Intentionally not declaring 3 sources of pension income is illegal and blatant tax evasion. I'm not sure Corbyn is a criminal and it would have been wildly reckless to attack the PM so strongly if he was knowingly evading taxes.

With that said, its a hard mistake to understand. Forgetting to declare significant sources of regular income on your tax returns isn't easily explained. If he really is that incompetent (which I'd argue is less competent than my husband's 90 year old nan), he's wildly unfit for office.

His refusal to make full disclosure though does raise suspicion particularly after demanding as much from the government. He's more naive than Cameron if he thinks he can simply ignore the requests for disclosure.

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ironically, we, us lot who see him as at BEST an

> incompetent idiot are in an echo chamber of our

> own- the others aren't listening :)

If it wasn't really happening, it'd be funny. And in some ways it is funny, because we have to go along with it all. The whole way Uncle Jez was voted in, the theatre of what's happening, will in retrospect be made into a documentary of some kind. And then some people 'actually' see him as PM material.

I don't really dig Cameron and his scrum, but having them there (and given the state of the Labour Party) thank God

Did I really say that?

God help!

If anyone else did this you would not get very far with the honest mistake line with HMRC.

Mandatory penalties normally apply in cases of incorrect returns / omissions like this - with reductions for cooperation etc.

When I said I wondered if there was more to this - I'm wondering why JC wont release the associated amendments etc - I wonder if he only did the amendments last week!

Corbyn - is in because WE HATE THE TORIES and that's all...if the Labour Party members had held it's nerve they'd be a shoe in next time IMO. I will vote Tory if necessary to try and keep a incompetent, ideologue with some very unpleasant friends out, i expect there's a fair few who feel like me but just keep it quiet as the Social Media is full of crappy class war ( naturally largely from some very middle class class warriors). None of my working class mates have any intention of voting Corbyn - admittedly most of them are southern white working class (so scum to the righteous throngs of Twitter)

maxxi Wrote:

> You don't buy it? Have you ever heard the man!?

>

> I find it hard to believe he's ever made a cup of

> tea without spillage.

>

> Of course he's a fumbler and a bumbler - but that

> wouldn't matter so much if he hadn't turned out to

> be such a toothless and timid worryguts and a

> cardigan-and-armchair revolutionary of the most

> mediocre sort.

Absolutely spot on Maxxi

Loz Wrote:

> I just wish there was some form of opposition to

> keep the government in check. Unfettered

> governments are always a bad thing.

absolutely

- horrid budget

- tax credit row

- the making all schools academies thing

and yet I'd have them over anything run by Corbyn/McDowell et al all day long

???? Wrote:

> maxxi Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > You don't buy it? Have you ever heard the man!?

>

> >

> > I find it hard to believe he's ever made a cup

> of

> > tea without spillage.

> >

> > Of course he's a fumbler and a bumbler - but

> that

> > wouldn't matter so much if he hadn't turned out

> to

> > be such a toothless and timid worryguts and a

> > cardigan-and-armchair revolutionary of the most

> > mediocre sort.

>

>

> Absolutely spot on Maxxi

Disagree - It's a big issue and people in positions of responsibility absolutely have to get the tax returns right.

If Corbyn was a leader of sufficient stature to threaten the Tories, then the Tories would absolutely nail Corbyn for this. No question.

I think Maxi's just saying there's nothing more sinister in terms of deliberate EVASION just that the man's fooking useless. That's an important point for a potential PM, sure

Anyway, if you keep stum we'll keep stum - they'll possibly bring it up every time he does but at the moment they want it gone as an issue?

They've banked it for sure.

As I've said before, I voted Corbyn in, not because I wanted him to be there in 2020, but because I wanted the party dragged a bit (Not too much) to the left, and assumed someone else would be leader before the next GE.

I now hold my hands up and admit my mistake.

I don't think it's all JC'S fault, he probably expected a slightly easier ride from the PLP who have been more of a thorn in his side than anyone else as far as I can see.

Problem is, who next? If there is one thing I've really learnt from all this, it's thar senior labour doesn't have many people that I feel I can really respect right now.

But I do hate what this tory government (very different to just "The Tories") have done, not because "I just do" but because when it comes to the things that are most important to me (and at the end of the day all we have is our individual moral compasses to guide us) they have done too much damage. And a lot of it seems to have been just because they wanted to.

???? Wrote:

> I think Maxi's just saying there's nothing more

> sinister in terms of deliberate EVASION just that

> the man's fooking useless. That's an important

> point for a potential PM, sure

>

> Anyway, if you keep stum we'll keep stum - they'll

> possibly bring it up every time he does but at the

> moment they want it gone as an issue?

>

> They've banked it for sure.

I mean he fuucked it, he should admit it all and challenge his opponents to do likewise, declare a return to a zero tolerance policy on this sheit - mea culpa, the whole bit, he's done nothing compared to the rest but hasn't the guts to hang himself out - stop believing the fecking spin doctors, own up and declare a new approach ... no, probably got to see if that passes the PR guys. It may have been "late, chaotic, inaccurate, uncosted" but it wasn't a business-as-usual-rich-bastards-rip-off-the-public scam like Cameron's old man.

The left wing of this country is a fuuucking joke that still lives in fear of the spin Mandelson et al created.

I know (deep down) it's a sin but this is why a part of me wants an 'out' vote. I WANT economic chaos, I WANT uncertainty, I WANT the current 'haves' to get a bit of fear in their bellies - sadly I suspect that even such a "catastrophic" vote won't change much.

I've obviously slept through all of this. I catch hold of the headlines on the telly and radio news and dip into the BBC website. It didn't appear to be front page headlines.

I to do my own accounts and probably cock them up every year. I round some stuff up and don't know which tax year some of my investments are paying interest in - Statement in February but paid in May.

I've got a trivial amount in some daft funds that a supposed ISA (he only recommended the in-house products) and a small amount in some shares that I didn't vote for (although I am not that precious to give them away) and I should imagine with some rounding errors I am up or down about a tenner.

I think that this is bugger all, that this will not lead to economic recession or civil unrest and I will not face a HMRC snatch squad. I imagine that Corbyn's finances and his free time to complete his accounts are in a similar state of mine.

I am sure that there are many of you out there who legally know how to minimise your tax with much larger incomes that me.

Is this really a story?