Advice on Norwegian airlines

blacklashez

Hello, has anyone here travelled on NOrweigian air shuttle? It is quite cheaply priced compared to other airlines .. I am travelling to Newyork with my toddler and this airline was the Cheapet! Anyone have any reviews or experiences? Or does anyone know of a good travel agent which have food prices tickets to Newyork! Thanks!

Norwegian Air? They're really good...kind of a premium notch up from Easyjet. What impressed me most apart from their price was the free WiFi at 35000 feet. They've had it for at least five years...makes you wonder why our airlines can't do the same.

Flown with them a few times, they're ok

Last year 4 hour delay from Barcelona, sat on plane for over an hour in the heat then back to terminal for over another 2 hours, very little communication no food vouchers offered. Eventually back on plane they offered free drink (non alcoholic)and snack mini packet of crisps.

Remember that the big airlines often do very good deals, even on long-haul routes. A return trip, including all taxes, on BA to NYC can be as low as ?400 sometimes, and you get full-frills on a very established and reputable airline.

I can't seem to find a ticket less then ?750!! I'm flying out July 15th so I think that's why but it's still before the summer holidays. I used to be able to fly to NY with British Airways for ?500. I can't find anything that cheap ..:/

I wouldn't mind going via Dublin however I have a toddler with me ( who also is autistic ) so I think the less time we travel in a plane would be better .. I will look into the gay wick route. Is there any reason why flying from Gatwick is cheaper?

I use kayak.co.uk for flights. It's never let me down!

The +/- 3 days feature (it's a bit hidden, but it's there!) is really useful as it shows if you can make savings by changing your flying days slightly. Friday is not usually the cheapest day to fly, so if you can be a bit flexible, you might save. If you use 'LON' as the airport code, it picks up all London airports.

The other think you want to check is legroom. It varies wildly and if you are going to be 8 hours on a flight, check you won't be too cramped, especially if it's an overnight flight. I'm 5'11" and legroom can be a real issue for me on longer flights.

Off thread but it used to amuse me when I used to fly Finnair (thinair)

And older readers may remember Danair (nothing to do with Denmark) who were christened 'Dan Dare' as it was always and adventure

Then there was the lovely sounding Debonair who were one of the first budget airlines (with Ryanair and Easyjet) - most have only heard of the latter two as they went bust fairly swiftly

Loz Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I always wonder why the old Irish airline, Air

> Lingus, never had an ad campaign that used the

> tagline 'Cunning Lingus'.

My post was funny

Yours is just crass

And this is from someone who has been slsgged off as being boorish (I may be proud of this - as I was probably being too subtle for the readers of East Dulwich).

And I know it kinda lingers

malumbu Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My post was funny

No it really wasn't. The Finnair/thinair 'pun' (and the rest) would barely amuse a four-year-old.

But, I'm glad your own post amused you.

I've flown Norweigan a few times on the JFK route. The Dreamliner fleet is lovely as are the cabin crew a - but it is still a budget airline. Bring your own blankets, pillows, and headphones unless you want to pay for them. It makes sense to get the baggage/seat reservation/meal package even if you don't eat the meals as its still cheaper than paying for the bags and seat separately. The meals are paltry, my kids don't like them, and hey tend to get served quite late into the flight so definitely bring food for your toddler.

If you come prepared the flight itself is quite comfortable and in my experience the crew are kid friendly. Norweigan are gf really the cheapest to JFK. The main drawback is they only do the night flights which we find is a nightmare for the kids' jet lag. After several bad experiences we now have a day flight only policy!

-A