William Rose recruiting goes viral

loubelou

"we?re giving a trial to two ladies this morning, as females make up 40 per cent of our workforce"

I'd run a mile from any job where my potential boss referred to me as a "female" (or indeed a "lady") :(

I have never wanted to complain about a local business before now, I usually shrug off bad customer service or non attentive style employees BUT dear lord I went in to WR the other day and got the most miserable unhelpful/rude woman/chick/lady/girl/biatch.

Wont stop me going in there as I love the meat but she will not be serving me again!

If they maybe concentrated on friendly instead of eye candy they would do better....

I'm not keen on William Roses's attitude ( sure he'll be loosing sleep ) .

When his shop was at Vauxhall he had signs up at Christmas time re ordering Christmas turkeys ." Regular customers only "

In his LL shop a couple of winters ago I was told by staff that they weren't allowed to shut the door to the shop .When I said " well I'm freezing and how would he know " I was told that he watched them on the web cam.

Now that the lovely Sabrina has left I wouldn't shop in there .

I had a problem some time back...

I asked for a Rib-eye... got it home to find it wasn't a Rib-eye so took it back.

Guy. "Yer. That's a Rib-eye. "

Me. "No it's not."

Woman. "That's a Rib-eye luv."

Me. "Sorry it's NOT a Rib-eye"

Second Guy comes over and whispers to staff.

"It's a Sirloin"

So they changed it very grudgingly and charged me the difference..

Some staff training would not go a miss.

DulwichFox

Overpriced, takes advantage of the new wave posh intake to the area, nothing special (Smiths in Nunhead much friendlier and cheaper in my experience). Don't know why people give these places on LL the time of day when there's better value for money out there. You won't catch me going in!

Louisa.

A local employer with ten years of a having a shopful of customers who makes a concerted effort to employ young local people of both sexes fairly equally.

Yup, that's definitely got to be uppermost on the list of places to kick.

I could be rude about the fishmonger and the butcher in Nunhead based on a personal experience or two - but I choose not carp on about it every time their name is mentioned, like a stalker with a grudge. If other people are happy, I wish 'em the best.

*Bob* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I could be rude about the fishmonger and the

> butcher in Nunhead based on a personal experience

> or two - but I choose not carp on about it

Nice.

I don't understand why people have a beef with a local business with a steak in the community...

*Bob*, don't think he mentioned WR on this forum in years, many years. Just stating the obvious. They came here at the start of the areas fortunes changing to take full advantage of the new money in the neighborhood. Nothing wrong with that, good business sense. They are packed most days with queues of people, I'm sure they don't miss my custom. But, I vote with my head when it comes to pricing and quality. Don't see why I should fall for the fancy logos and traditional shop front when I know of another local business in Nunhead which has been trading since the 1950's rather successfully. The same goes for the fishmonger. I have had a bad experience in Moxons with the pricing on prawns but you don't see me on here talking about it on a daily basis do you?

Louisa.

I was talking about you, actually!

(Though Foxy's 'prawn incident' is of course - quite rightly - now the stuff of legend)

It?s funny how - depending on your predetermined opinion - successful shops that have managed to stay in business for a long time either must

a) be doing something right

b) have customers who are all idiots

Delete as applicable, I guess. Whatever fits your world view.

*Bob*, Nunhead is packed full of businesses which have been trading for many many decades. I find it interesting how in the 'EDF world opinion bible' (you seem to be co-author btw), the likes of WR, Moxons and various other businesses which have been trading in the local area for roughly a decade give or take a year or two either side, are somehow local institutions? Call me old fashioned, but for me a successful business only becomes an institution if it has managed two or three decades plus of trading. Those are the real winners of said title, they have survived multiple changes and didn't just appear off the back of gentrification.

Louisa.

Louisa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> They are packed most days with

> queues of people,

Actually, on a side note, it's very quiet most of the week from what I've seen, but the weekend EDers (obviously not including you, Louisa) don't get to see Lordship Lane on Monday to Friday during the day. They assume it's bustling like Saturday morning. Some shops are busy all week, but many seem to depend almost entirely on weekend trade.

And don't forget WR overreached themselves by opening a shop on East Dulwich Grove a few years ago which shut soon after. So it's not all sweetness, light and expensive chops.

Well it's definitely warm enough for me to go and sit in the garden with a nice Sauvignon this afternoon. Looks like the sun may make an appearance too. When you've finished slaving away for the day, come and join me *Bob*, I'll save you a glass!

Louisa.

Loopy, you can't invite *Bob* and not invite me, we're a double act doncha know. A bit like an Iceland BOGOF offer, but cheaper. Shall I bring my bait box round, my whopper needs warming up before it's usual Friday night wriggle...