Problems with android phone

Sue

My phone has been behaving oddly for a while - very slow - then a couple of days back it just froze up, and when I turned it off and on again, it started optimising 72 apps - the first time unfortunately I was out and using data, and I don't have unlimited data on my contract.

Now this morning whilst on this forum, it has twice come up with a screen just saying Adobe Marketing Cloud, with no way to get off it except, again, to turn the phone off.

And now the f-ing phone is optimising 72 apps again.

Thankfully I'm almost at the end of my contract and due a new phone, but can anybody suggest what could be wrong? Do mobiles get viruses?? Have I got one?

I don't know why you have or need Adobe Marketing Cloud.

I think it may run in background and is likely to slow down any device.

This explains what it is and I have no idea what it is all about.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-adobe-digital-marketing/adobe-marketing-cloud-explained/

There is an opt out page:-

http://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html

Evidently I too am opted in on my PC which is also running very slow.

I am at a loss too.

Foxy

P.S. If you get the page again and have a back arrow.. click and hold.. The screen should shrink with a X in to

top right hand corner where you should be able to click and close.

Mobiles don't usually get viruses (though its not impossible), but you may have installed some apps that may cause you issues (either purposely or inadvertently).

I assume that when you say "started optimising 72 apps" you mean "started upgrading 72 apps"? I've never heard of a phone optimising apps.

Generally, there are two ways to clean up an Android phone. 1) Reboot it (i.e. hold the power button down a few seconds and then select 'reboot' when the menu comes up. That can usually fix OS glitches (I have to do it every now and again to fix a bug where my ring tone stops playing).

Or 2) do a Factory Reset (google for instructions on this). But be warned - this will put your phone back to the state you bought it (plus any OS updates). You will have to reinstall your apps and you will lose all data and photos, so make sure you have everything off the phone before you do this and note down what apps you have. You can use your Google account to restore a backup, but that will probably just reintroduce whatever was the problem in the first place.

Obviously I have not knowingly installed this, and the message I get is that the phone is optimising (sic) apps.

I don't want to do a factory reset, it's a pain in the a**e.

I will investigate further!!

You can disable the auto update of apps on your android. Go into your Google Play app > Settings > Auto update apps and switch off, that should help the phone bill. With regards to Adobe, can you uninstall the app and try reinstalling?

New Girl Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You can disable the auto update of apps on your

> android. Go into your Google Play app > Settings >

> Auto update apps and switch off, that should help

> the phone bill. With regards to Adobe, can you

> uninstall the app and try reinstalling?

The Adobe isn't an app, or at least it is not showing up as one :(

If it was, it would be easy to get rid of.

And this is not about updating apps, but thanks.

ruffers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> As I recall I see the message re optimising apps

> when the phone has updated to a new version of

> Android, just let it get on with it.

No, on my phone when it updates it tells you what it is going to do and you have the option to update or not.

There hasn't been an update recently, it's still on version 5.1