Labyriniitis, dizziness and headaches

sandnot

I just wanted to share this

I was diegonosed with this back in Feb this year with labyrinitis, the doctors were quick to diagnose but not very helpful in treating it. Hence I have been off work for 4 months. I took it upon myself to seek help elsewhere, I found neuroworks in Ealing who deal with labyriniitis and other neurology condititions, mainly they are chiropractors.

What a relief! I found at first consultation; vestibular damage, needed vestibular rehab, very simple exercises but very effective, no wonder I found it difficult travelling on buses and had a lot of headaches

I just wanted to share this so if anyone is suffering with is and don't want to wait months with the nhs

My partner has just been through this too. GP fobbed him off, saying there was nothing that can be done and to just wait it out. After weeks of misery he went private, to find that in one appointment it was almost cured.

Iam only talking personally,

but because my vestibular was damaged my eyes weren't tracking/ moving properly very juderey hence I found it difficult travelling on buses with the movement, noise. ( also when walking I was was much weaker on one side and the headaches were mainly on the opposite side) my treatment involved exercises in getting cerebral exercises: working on getting the eyes to move smoothly and balance exercises.

Also I found I was very short fused with no patience at the beginning

I have noticed I have fewer headaches which is such a relief

I hope this helps but do get medical advice as well

• 1 year later...
I just found this thread as my son has very similar symptoms and is seeing the GP (for the 3rd time)today to try and determine what is causing his dizziness and nausea etc - thanks for posting. He's had it intermittently since December and it is not getting better. All blood tests and ECG proved normal. The symptoms listed on the NHS website seem to match his very closely so he will definitely ask GP to test for labyrinthitis now. Any additional feedback very welcome.

I had the Epley Manoeuvre performed on me at my local Surgery last September.

It was scary at the time with no immediate beneficial effect but within 3 days the symptoms started to fade and 2 days later they were gone and have not returned.

I would recommend anyone to try it. The relief from my dizziness and pain was amazing.

My son has just got back from the GP and has been prescribed Stemetil/ prochlorperazine for a month for dizziness after he asked the doctor if it could be labyrinthitis. The side effects of stemetil sound a bit alarming!

Have any other sufferers taken this, and did it help? Can't work out if it is likely to be a cure, or whether it just alleviates the symptoms whilst being taken.

A couple of people mentioned going privately - can you let me know who you saw?

We will also check out the other suggestions on this thread, thanks.

Yes - have taken the Stemetil. It doesn't 'cure' the underlying problem but deals with the symptoms. I suffered no side effects. I really think rest is important if the cause is suspected to be viral - as it is for many people. But the Epley Manoeuvre is really worth a try.

My partner went privately to "Harley Street Hearing" and saw Dr Palaniappan. Total of 3 appointments, 1 initial consult, 1 to perform the Epley manoeuvre, then a follow up. After a frustrating time trying to get to the bottom of it using our NHS GP, and weeks of feeling terrible, it came as a welcome relief - money well spent!