Advice needed on caravan purchase

beansprout

Sorry if in wrong section. Since the rents in London are so expensive I am thinking of buying/renting a caravan on a long term basis. I know that most places only allow 50 months of the year. My problem is I don't know Uk that well and cost will be playing a major part. Does anyone have any recommendations or advice? Many thanks.

I looked into this a few years back beansprout. Your best bet is to look st one of many caravan parks across the country and see what costs they charge for buying one of their vans and keeping it parked up on their land and how often you can use it etc. I looked at a site in Hastings and the gas electricity water etc were all included in the purchase price, so no bills to worry about. However you have to consider the annual cost of renting the plot on top of the initial buying price. For me, it worked out well and I could easily have afforded it, but we decided against for various other reasons. My advice is arrange to meet one of the sales people at one of these parks to talk through options.

Louisa.

Thank you all for your help.

The UK version of "trailer park". Ideally would like to rent for a couple of months and trying to stay within 2 hour commute of London. Know I can find something on Isle of Sheppy but think I would go totally mad there!!