Managing a property on Airbnb?

Snabbers

Hello,

I'm exploring the idea of renting my home in SE22 to holidaymakers in the summer, advertising on Airbnb or someone similar.

But I would really like it to be managed by an agent, who does meet and greet, linen, cleaning etc.

Does anyone know of a company that does this? I have contacted a number of these agents, and no one seems to 'do Dulwich'!

Many thanks!

Hi - I'm afraid I don't but am also considering the same re Airbnb and wondered if any other hosts can advise what they did re their home insurance - our current provider can't cover the scenario and from Googling it, it seems other providers may be similar. Any help much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I've heard that 'Pass the keys' service this area if that's any help. Or you could try Easy Rental Services.

If not you can hire linen via Nestangel.com - they offer one hour time slots for the delivery of bedding & towel bundles. I've not used them before but will be trying them out this summer!

Hope that helps!

Most I've stayed in do have security deposit included but it's not debited from you unless there's damage and even then only if you accept the damage has been done. if you don't accept then it goes through the airbnb resolution centre and they investigate further

I used airbnb to rent my spare room for a while..

I had no prob for little while but my last experience was so bad with the guest and the way airbnb dealt with it that i no longer advertise on their website anymore

I had minor probs with little damages on the propriety in the past but nothing major although think airbnb could have dealt better with it anyway but mainly it was cause of last guest that i decided nit to use them anymore and...never ever again..

My last guest was a "difficult" one...she decided to leave the house the morning after check in without informing me and.. without closing the door ..

she informed airbnb only on a nearly 50 days booking. You could tell she has some issues reading past reviews but i thought it wasn t big deal but it was..

A part from the guest itself , airbnb dealt very badly with the situation...very very badly!

Since than i decided not to advertise my room anymore

i am also looking for other solutions at the moment..

there is anyway plenty of other websites they do pretty much same thing but i have no experience with them yet

holidayletting.co.uk

also booking.com

bedycasa

spareroom

etc

Best with it but i strongly do not recommend airbnb! If things go smoothish no big deal but otherwise they are very bad..

best of luck