Stunned

moondancer

Zebedee Tring Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Don't worry. The NHS will soon be getting another

> ?350 million a week (irony alert).

No it wont ..

On paper we gave Brussels ?350m a week.. They gave some of it back but told where we could spend it..

That left approx. ?61M wich was effectively their 'fee' for the paper work..

Nutshell.

Like putting your money in the bank and being charged for leaving it there..

DulwichFox

Foxy, clearly you missed the words "irony alert" in my post. Perhaps if I had made my views crystal clear by saying "I'm gutted by the result", then you might have got the message.

In reality the next Tory leader, who will probably be much more right wing than Cameron (or indeed Osborne), is more likely to cut NHS spending or privatise the NHS than raise spending.

Zebedee Tring Wrote:

> Foxy, clearly you missed the words "irony alert"

> in my post. Perhaps if I had made my views crystal

> clear by saying "I'm gutted by the result", then

> you might have got the message.

>

> In reality the next Tory leader, who will probably

> be much more right wing than Cameron (or indeed

> Osborne), is more likely to cut NHS spending or

> privatise the NHS than raise spending.

I Clearly did not miss your 'irony alert' I included it in my previous post.. did you not see that. ?

Cameron has resigned. The Conservatives are in turmoil. I beleive a Election is need in October.

I think the people of the U.K. will take the next General Election far more seriously now we are free of Brussels.

We now have a real say in what direction The U.K. goes. We are back in control..

DulwichFox

DulwichFox Wrote:

> On paper we gave Brussels ?350m a week.. They

> gave some of it back but told where we could spend

> it..

Exactly. Thanks to the EU, we were unreasonably forced to lavish a good few billion on moribund places like Sunderland and Teeside. Now we're out, Westminster can use it to encourage the owners of our truly strategic businesses - Tata, EDF and HSBC, for example - to keep some of their operations here.

P.O.U.S.theWonderCat Wrote:

> I'm up for an EnglandOtherThanLondonExit. Let's

> join up with Scotland.

I'm up for an independent London. A city state.

Loz Wrote:

> P.O.U.S.theWonderCat Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I'm up for an EnglandOtherThanLondonExit.

> Let's

> > join up with Scotland.

>

> I'm up for an independent London. A city state.

as in a city wall/boundary? close the gates at night and charge entry? where will this abstract boundary be?

I think we are all in shock.

A wall isn't a bad idea. After all, when the rest of England and Wales fully realises the position they've put themselves in, we might need to defend ourselves.

Having said that, it appears that Wales and Cornwall may now be beginning to realise that, if you vote out of the EU, you also lose EU funding:

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/six-key-priorities-for-wales-after-brexit-vote-according-to-carwyn-jones/story-29439359-detail/story.html "Wales is a net beneficiary from the EU to the tune of hundreds of millions of pounds. There is now an overwhelming case for a major and immediate revision of the Barnett Formula taking into account needs arising from EU withdrawal and I call today for the promise made that Wales will not lose a penny to be guaranteed."

http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/update/2016-06-24/cornwall-pleas-for-reassurance-it-will-not-be-worse-off-following-brexit-vote/

titch juicy Wrote:

> Alan Medic Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > How about a United Kingdom of Ireland (North &

> > South), Scotland & London?

>

> Yes please

Yes please.

And in the meantime we probably need a general election sharpish, to stand a chance of forming a progressive alliance to take charge of the article 50 process and to save the country from the far right. There is a reason Le Pen welcomes this result with open arms.

Stunned by the abject irresponsibility of those who led the country into this mess, and last night had the arrogant nerve to demand DC lead them out of it.

Extremely anxious for the medium term chances of me and my children's (immigrant) father keeping our family life together in SE5.

Just heartbroken by this.

There are people I have known since primary school whom I have finally "de-friended" on Facebook and the like this morning. The language of the leave campaign, the popularist posters and slogans, left me feeling utterly alienised from them weeks ago. And now there is no reason to continue to try to dialogue with the wholly hateful and irrational arguments then have peddled for ages and are rejoicing in today.

In short, the sense of dislocation and divorce is palpable in little chez nous.

Let's look on the bright side though. Once we get over the fact that there are more unfortunate bigots (in terms of race, social class etc. etc.) in this country than we realised, we have more sensible people around us here in London than not. Plus the bigots have hugely self-identified now so it's easier to see them coming.

why all this talk of separatism and wall-building? that's the province of the Out-ers.

the EU was (is) about bringing down borders and allowing free movement and free trade. People like these for themselves but not for others - it was a selfish vote.

so sorry to hear about your predicament, Working Mummy. there are many paradoxes - I've also got several European in-laws with British families who live and work and pay taxes in this country who weren't able to vote, unlike UK expats who could and may have even voted 'Out'. we can only wait and see how things work out for them and their families.

Hmm. Way to the look on the bright side.

I am enjoying the sense of solidarity with Scotland, which like London is basically left leaning in a basically right leaning UK, and outward facing in a basically inward looking Island.

The only problem is that Scottish independence is now so much more likely and that leaves the rest of the U.K. (inc London) in the long term hands of the right wing of our politics.

It's just so awful.

Appreciate your words, civilservant.

Agree that separatism is not a viable answer. But currently cannot imagine genuinely feeling a sense of cohesion with the extremes that the debate drove the leave campaign to. And certainly do not feel anyone has offered me an idea or a future that I want to commit to form. I appreciate that this sense of personal isolation is what m many leavers have themselves felt about "their" country for many years. I get that. But now I feel it too. And there we have the inevitable pain of divorce in a nutshell.

Although a progressive alliance between SNP, Labour and Lib Dems and Greens has been mooted in theory and would rally me if it became an actual proposal.