Goose Green Poo Park

picknmix

So disgusted today - we were to have a picnic in the park with my 2 yr old and 11 month old and her 2 friends only to end up packing and throwing our mat, my daughter's shoes and the food as everything got covered by dog poo! My pram's wheels had them too! And so as her friend's shoes as they were running around together. They ran around and sat to eat but their poo covered shoes went to our mat and the food was laying on it. I decided to just throw everything as I wasn't sure if it had touched our food. I love dogs but if owners do not have the decency or responsibility to pick up after their dogs they should not take them out in public areas. Maybe dog walking should be limited to certain areas of the park and not be allowed to poo in the grass where people sit? I don't know what else to say - I am not against animal rights but I so do hate dog poo around me and my babies! What a shame that it ruined a very nice sunny day for us and whoever else got victimised by this foul infested grass.

The inside part of Peckham Rye Park is dog/poo safe, I don't understand why you would picnic on Goose Green, risking curious dogs running up sniffing children and food? They wee also, it is not safe, toxocara canis, flies, apart from exhaust fumes and with four little ones? you would probably need a sheep dog anyway.

Did you post this on Family Life thread? as an alert, it would be more helpful and more widely read there I would think. It isn't the grass's fault.

For a while Goose Green was fenced off into dog and non-dog. It was great. More people sat in the clean part, had picnics etc that I've ever seen using it. But apparently it wasn't legal to divide it up. So back to the s..t.

Like most houses in ED we have a very small garden and I would have loved my kids to be able to play there, but as dogs are important than humans, they never could

And don't give me the "it's really the foxes" again, please

Lynne, thank you for seeing my point. We do live across the park and have a small garden also and it is convenient to cross the road and have them have a bigger space to play and run around. Rosetta, we go to the playground to spend time to play too but after a tiring time for toddlers of 2 yrs and a small baby - it is not so easy to wheel them down to go to Peckham rye park when there is a park right across where we live. And God forbid with London weather it rains suddenly - I can easily be home in 2 mins. Aerie, I am aware that this park is by the road - fumes , pets and flies --But...my point is dog owners should pick up after their dogs. But thanks so much for your comments --- I just hope that posts like this maybe read by dog owners that do not pick up after their dogs and see that they inconvenience the community who they share the park with.