Animal Behaviour and welfare graduate seeks work and a sense of purpose

RosieBless

Hello

I recently graduated with a 2:1 in an Animal behaviour and welfare degree. Since the end of my course I have been subjecting myself to the hell that is 0 hours contracts with catering and hospitality companies, while engaging in an ongoing quest for an actual real life paying job that involved interracting with animals. Alas, there seems to be few around that I am not either overqualified for and voluntary or under-qualified for.

As much as I love animals after spending 16 years of my life and ?27,000 to get to this point, I would sure love to be paid at least minimum wage.

The use of the Dulwich forum is a long shot but I never underestimate the value of a grape-vine. Does anyone know of any jobs going involved in any sector of animal care or husbandry, no matter the pay. I do not have a car but do have an oyster card and an insatiable desire to be doing something with my life.

I am not picky.

dog-grooming, training companies or individuals I could gain experience with, rescue centres, cleaning up crap in kennels, work with wildlife, carrying around your dog strapped to my body like a baby etc.

All the best

Rosie B