Empty Shops

PollyG

I'm sure this has been covered before but I couldn't see anything very recent- any developments with what is happening with Golden City (Landcroft/Whateley corner) or the printers on the corner of Ryedale/Forest Hill Road?

Lynne Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The charity shop at 405 Lordship Lane, almost

> opposite Dulwich Library had gone and is now a

> junk/antique shop. Some interesting stuff

Crikey, that was quick!

It was still a charity shop when I passed it on the bus the other day!

Nigello it depresses me every time I walk or drive past. So many happy memories of friends, drinking after a beautifully cooked meal with Margaret and Eric into the late hours. Very happy days. To see it empty does this stretch of shops a total disservice. Sort it out whoever owns it please.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I do hope you both are enjoying your retirement. You're very dearly missed around here by me and many others. A truly authentic taste of France in the heart of ED.

Louisa.

• 6 months later...

Dear All

its amazing to see the speculation about the former Le Moulin.

it has been a very long and hard redevelopment of the building itself from the basement up as at one point you could see the sky , with lots of blood sweat and tears and a great effort going into the venue we are finalising many little final but important points before we open.

if you google the name of Victus & Bibo you will find a great deal of information about us and style of food we offer without giving too much away as it will be obviously worlds apart from our usual but offering snippets of this and of course in a different environment.

watch this space and we look forward to seeing you all within the next couple of months once we open.

Thanks

Victus & Bibo

I do hope you do well, the previous tenants were incredible and it will be asking a lot to live upto. Le Moulin was a very well respected local establishment with a loyal following. Still very much missed. Glad to hear the site will be back in use.

Louisa.

Hi Louisa

thanks for your response, after being the freeholders of the building for the last 3-4 decades we too were very fond of Le Moulin especially being part of the creation in the beginning and customers there after. We hope to bring something very fresh, new and exciting to Lordship Lane that in turn can earn the respect and loyal custom that Le Moulin had acquired being a family run buisness.

we were also as a family one of the very first hairdressers on Lordship Lane located next door (which is now re-located further down into Lordship Lane) before this became the Chinese takeaway so we are very emotionally attached to Dulwich and Lordship Lane and thrive on providing a personal friendly service that is second to none so we are excited to open our doors and welcome every customer with a big smile :)

Thanks

Victus & Bibo

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...