Recommend a shredder for home?

Alan Medic

I have a manual one but it's bl**dy time consuming. There are plenty of reasonably priced types on Amazon yet even if they get plenty of good reviews, there are always the bad ones.

Does anyone have one at home they would recommend? Nothing industrial. Just something quite small.

Thanks.

Hi Alan

I have a Fellowes P400C -2 Cross cut paper shredder.

http://ancdn-p-t.shopletcdn.com/productimages/300x300/SFEL3991.JPG

I have mine it for years .. cost about ?24.00.

Up to 5 sheets at a time but better to keep it to 3.

Ideal for Domestic use. Easy to empty out collectin box.

I bought mine from

Staples

Office supplies shop

Chain retailer with office supplies, furniture, equipment & more (most offer copy & print services).

Address: 651-657 Old Kent Rd, London SE15 1JU

Phone: 0344 472 5415

Hours: Open today ? 9am?8pm

Not sure if still available

DulwichFox

Get a cross cut one - I have the one that just carves everything into strips and I've never quite convinced it is that effective, security-wise. Plus I am always having to empty the damn thing.

How dare you HMB. If you were tracking them in the Sales section you will see they were being offered free, yes FREE, subject to terms and conditions.

The author himself was on a radio documentary just a couple of weeks ago. It was about this chap...

http://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/living/2016/0704/800041-documentary-on-one-from-waterford-and-wimbledon-to-monaco-and-m/

Anyway, thanks Fox and Loz. Still haven't decided.

Doc, if you are a member of "Which?" they have only just (this month) issued their best buys for shredders. Log on for full details. Otherwise, briefly, they are the:

Fellowes 11C:

The Fellowes Powershred 11C is a very good all-rounder and a worthy Which? Best Buy. It has a spacious waste bin, takes 14 sheets at a time and is plenty secure enough. In fact, we can't think of too many negatives to speak of.

ProAction 12 Sheet 18 Litre:

We really like the ProAction 12 Sheet 18 Litre. It's secure, spacious and won't be an eyesore in your home office. We wish it was a little quieter, but there are plenty of good reasons why this is a Best Buy shredder.

Both apparently cost less than ?60.

Bought a "Pro Action" cross cut 10 sheet shredder about three months ago. Bought mine via ebay about ?26.00, also shreds DVD discs.

Well built solid construction, works very well, good value.

However I always limit shredding to about six sheets at any one time.