Little things that cause you sudden joy

aerie

When you go to lidl (other supermarkets are available) and they have the weighed bags of grapes and you can fill your half empty bag up with grapes from other bags and still pay the same price (because they never weigh them at the till).

Louisa.

Louisa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> When you go to lidl (other supermarkets are

> available) and they have the weighed bags of

> grapes and you can fill your half empty bag up

> with grapes from other bags and still pay the same

> price (because they never weigh them at the

> till).

>

> Louisa.

So theft gives you little moments of joy?

If a supermarket sells pre packaged fruit that has a labelled price you pay THAT price at the till.

If a supermarket sells WEIGHED bags of grapes WITHOUT providing WEIGHING machines then they should do the weighing at the tills, and then add whatever that weighed price is to the bill. If I wish to put more grapes in my bag because said WEIGHED bag isn't as full as I would like it, then it is the responsibility of the supermarket cashier to WEIGH that bag at the checkout.

You cannot blame the customer for adding more fruit to his or her basket when it is open so you put it into a plastic bag for them to weigh at the end. Unbelievable. Is no one on this forum allowed a moment of joy? Or is it everyone except me and the fox who are allowed to be happy?

Louisa.

Louisa Wrote:

> If a supermarket sells pre packaged fruit that has

> a labelled price you pay THAT price at the till.

>

> If a supermarket sells WEIGHED bags of grapes

> WITHOUT providing WEIGHING machines then they

> should do the weighing at the tills, and then add

> whatever that weighed price is to the bill. If I

> wish to put more grapes in my bag because said

> WEIGHED bag isn't as full as I would like it, then

> it is the responsibility of the supermarket

> cashier to WEIGH that bag at the checkout.

>

> You cannot blame the customer for adding more

> fruit to his or her basket when it is open so you

> put it into a plastic bag for them to weigh at the

> end. Unbelievable. Is no one on this forum allowed

> a moment of joy? Or is it everyone except me and

> the fox who are allowed to be happy?

>

> Louisa.

I'm assuming that the bag has a price on it? If so, they've put the right amount of grapes in that bag for the price. Adding more to it is theft. It just simply is. They don't put the pre-filled bags there for you to add to at your discretion!!!!

I was in Sainsburys and a woman was feeding her son and herself from the pre-weighed bags of grapes...I reported them to an assistant who went and spoke to the mum...she came over and threatened me- I could not wipe the smile off my face at her reaction ..so there is a chance that Louisa may have an underweight bag of grapes anyway.

I do hope Lou is not in Hospital Foxy...but if she were, I'd pop along to Goose Green Park and pick her some Daffodils seeing as she is not adverse to "glad handling" a few grapes in the public domain!

DulwichFox Wrote:

> Hope you are well Lou.

> I thought only people who were ill in hospital

> ate grapes..

>

> Foxy

titch juicy Wrote:

> I'm assuming that the bag has a price on it? If

> so, they've put the right amount of grapes in that

> bag for the price. Adding more to it is theft. It

> just simply is. They don't put the pre-filled bags

> there for you to add to at your discretion!!!!

As I clearly said already, these bags of grapes do not come with a price tag on them. They are simply open bags of grapes which contain seemingly variable amounts of each bunch in each bag. You then take said bag and put it into a small plastic bag from the roller, and take them to the till to be weighed. They are priced by the kilo on the sign. However, whenever I have gone to the till they ALWAYS charge the same price, regardless how many grapes are in the bag.

Louisa.

So a loose product is sold by the 'weighted' price in a supermarket, no barcode given on the product which you bag yourself. And yet, it is the customers responsibility to put the product in their basket and hope the till staff can guess how many grapes are in the bag?(seeing as they do not weigh them as they should at the till?). Bizarre logic. All products should come with a barcode, unless they are loose fruits and vegetables which are WEIGHED.

Louisa.

I wouldn't say sudden joy, but certainly quiet amusement, that a thread asking for joyful moments managed to go six posts before diverting into an argument.

Oh and sudden joy - three teenagers sitting on the grass in Peckham Rye park yesterday, all absorbed in books - not just eBooks either, proper hardbacks! A sight to gladden an erstwhile teacher's heart.