Should I start a blog?

AbbieP

I found myself having a few extra hours on a day-to-day basis and am wondering what to do with them. I was wondering whether I could start blogging, for fun mostly, but why not try to create something out of it. Does anyone have experience with this? Is it worth the effort?

If you have other suggestions, please comment below

It depends what you want to get out of it. If you just want a channel for your creativity and to put something 'out there' it's a lot of fun. If you're hoping it will have a vast amount of followers and become an authority on your chosen subject, it will take a lot of hard work to publicise through social media. It also needs a commitment to keep it up to date, I think there's something rather sad about blogs that haven't been updated in the last six months.

nxjen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It depends what you want to get out of it. If you

> just want a channel for your creativity and to put

> something 'out there' it's a lot of fun. If

> you're hoping it will have a vast amount of

> followers and become an authority on your chosen

> subject, it will take a lot of hard work to

> publicise through social media. It also needs a

> commitment to keep it up to date, I think there's

> something rather sad about blogs that haven't been

> updated in the last six months.

I agree, it's quite depressing in a way to see how a blog dies in a way.

I really wish to simply express my thoughts, maybe give advice to people on subjects that I have experience with, mostly household stuff, cooking, organizing, etc. I see that many people have troubles with cleaning and decluttering, for example. And I wonder why do they post forum threads instead of looking it up on the internet? Could it be because they don't find a solution to their issue? I don't really want to be one of those famous bloggers out there. Rather want to have something I can call my own and put my heart to it and hopefully people will like it.

All ideas are quite mushy in my head, to be honest...

-------

"A blog needs readers or else you might as well find another creative outlet"

I thought writing comes first and readers later on. And maybe if people find some value in what I have to say, they will share the blog with other people and so on.

Is this you, Foxy?

AbbieP Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I found myself having a few extra hours on a

> day-to-day basis and am wondering what to do with

> them. I was wondering whether I could start

> blogging, for fun mostly, but why not try to

> create something out of it. Does anyone have

> experience with this? Is it worth the effort?

>

> If you have other suggestions, please comment

> below